MembersZone Subscriber

Default Comprehensive Driver Program

Comprehensive Driver Program - Information on how to comply.
    The Assistance to Firefighter Grant (AFG) program requires a comprehensive driver training program if you are awarded a vehicle. This document will provide guidance as how you can comply.
    The opinions stated herein are those of the author and in no way shape or form reflect the opinions of any organization(s) that I am in any way affiliated with unless otherwise indicated.

Forum Member

If your department has it's insurance from VFIS or ESIP (maybe others also)they can provide the training at little or no cost to the department.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Great Document, THANK YOU!

MembersZone Subscriber

Dittos Good stuff

Forum Member

I know our chief has traveled all over the state(s) doing the drivers training program for ESIP at various departments and I just recently asked him about this. According to him ESIP has programs set up with both the State of IL and State of IN so that if you attend their training course you should receive State certification for it. Now, not sure what the cert you will recieve or how you go about getting it...no one seems to know the answer to that...but he assures me there is a process for it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Not2L84U2 View Post
    I know our chief has traveled all over the state(s) doing the drivers training program for ESIP at various departments and I just recently asked him about this. According to him ESIP has programs set up with both the State of IL and State of IN so that if you attend their training course you should receive State certification for it. Now, not sure what the cert you will recieve or how you go about getting it...no one seems to know the answer to that...but he assures me there is a process for it.
    Ryan--I'll forget between now and seminar time, so please try to remember to talk to our ***'t Chief about this when you are here for Kurt's seminar. We need to complete our training prior to July 1. Thanks!!

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

I like that document and it's nice to see them getting pro-active about keeping departments compliant.

Another good one I've found, albeit 10 years old, is anEmergency Vehicle Driver's Course USFA has. If I remember right, VFIS actually wrote it or had a hand in writing it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Ryan--I'll forget between now and seminar time, so please try to remember to talk to our ***'t Chief about this when you are here for Kurt's seminar. We need to complete our training prior to July 1. Thanks!!

earl
    You're talking to the king of forgetfulness. I live by post it notes and a big wall calendar. I have found this handy little feature on the cell though that lets me do calendar stuff...so I set a reminder on it for the Friday morning...hopefully that will help.

Thread Information