Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    But I can put the rig in places your ALF couldn't wiggle.Like everything in our business there is no perfect system.If there was,we'd all be driving the same rigs.Must be at the office today,Eh? Glen and I still gotta get up and see your new toy,T.C.
    No doubt that the Metz will go many places more than nearly any other 100ft. aerial on the market, nevermind the towers. I'd love to have one in our area as a second or third due to get to the rear of a few places or out in the "rural" district. You guys should defineately make the trip up, just don't come next week as it'll be in Hooksett having a few modifications/corrections made. And no we're not unhappy, just new truck bugs and the like. We've had great dealings with our dealer and a few of our contacts at ALF.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Halligan84 View Post
    According to the Seagrave website the jack spread is 249" for the 95 and 235 for the 75. Unless they did a major rework of that boom the 95' does not touch the ground anywhere close to 34' from the rig.
    The newer 95' Aerialscopes have there main boom hydraulic lift cylinders mounted under the main section. Where as the older models have there lift cylinders side mounted, the 95' tower from " Progress Pa, " has the new system !...

Some Guy

Yesterday I was handed the brochure on the new Metz that is coming out. It looks like they did an awesome job in making the basket (bucket or what not) much bigger. If I remember correctly it is almost as wide as the cab. The egress in and out will be second to none.
    This space for rent

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWickman View Post
    Yesterday I was handed the brochure on the new Metz that is coming out. It looks like they did an awesome job in making the basket (bucket or what not) much bigger. If I remember correctly it is almost as wide as the cab. The egress in and out will be second to none.
    Will your department be replacing the scope anytime soon? I have pictures of that from many years ago at the memorial day parades long before I was in the service. I used to live up there.

Some Guy

I would bet that this will be the last memorial parade for it.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Question

I would bet that this will be the last memorial parade for it.
    Did your department ever demo the " Perth Amboy FD " E-One 95' midmount tower ladder. And what year & model Aerialscope do you have in service ?

Some Guy

Yes we did. While it was here with some great guys from PAFD and the E-One salesman a stucture fire came in. PAFD's truck 2 ended up as the 1st due truck. It was pretty funny. It must of been any salesman dream.

The scope is a 1981 75'
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Yes we did. While it was here with some great guys from PAFD and the E-One salesman a stucture fire came in. PAFD's truck 2 ended up as the 1st due truck. It was pretty funny. It must of been any salesman dream.

The scope is a 1981 75'
    Did your department ever look into having your Mack Scope rebuilt/rechassis by " Seagrave or Pierce " or are you looking for a quint aerial platform ?

Some Guy

Yes, we did. For many reason that did not fall under the options. Money wise and length of service was an issue. There will not be a pump on any thing that we get.
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Post To: KyleWickman

Yes, we did. For many reason that did not fall under the options. Money wise and length of service was an issue. There will not be a pump on any thing that we get.
    The ( Raritan, N.J. ) fire department is having there Mack Aerialscope Rechassis/Rebuilt by Seagrave it is do back in New Jersey some time at the end of Feb.I am sure that they will get at least " 25 years of service " out of there new rig. The price tag is in the $ 750,000 range. They have a blue print of the Scope on the Seagrave web site !...

MembersZone Subscriber redbaron's Avatar

Here's some "wiggle" T C
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forum Member

Cool my sations

Quote Originally Posted by MG3610 View Post
    It seems to be a very common trend for departments to replace aging mid mount aerials and tower ladders (Especially Mack/Bakers) with monster rear mount tower laders. Not being much of a truckie, but knowing apparatus pretty well, why is this happening????? Why replace a vehicle that has incredible versatility, a deluge gun that can be operated by a "cheater bar" and worked aggressively, and excellent bucket to ground placement at zero extension with something thats hardly as flexible and maneuverable like these rear mounts with the obtrusive bucket hanging ver the front and the incredible overall length. Don't get me wrong, I think there are places that benefit from rear mounts, but for towers it seems silly to replace a midmount with a rear mount. Is this the "bigger is better mentality?" I'm confused.
    my sation also went with all rear mount aerial units we have a snokel an a bucket truck, and the thing is even though we are a volunteer aqency we do a lot of mutual aid with are two aerials beacuse the have tallbuildings and on any fire 3 stories or bigger we send an aerial aperatice too.

Thread Information