Thread: Boots

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Boots

After hours on a Structure fire my feet start to ache has anyone ever tried putting in dr. scholes insoles in the boots or anything suggestions?? thanks

It looks hot in there

yes, I've always done it....makes life a little easier. Then again, so does a pair of boots that fit correctly.

Forum Member

Get some good leathers and put gel inserts in them, have done that for years and feels like I'm wearing sneakers.

Forum Member

Hi, I'm new here but if ya don't mind me throwing in my 2 cents worth, I switched to a pr of Pro-Warrington 5000. Wow, the difference is Amazing, I am always dumbfounded by how light they feel after every fire run. (NO, I don't sell them, Lmao) I was lucky enough to get them as a Christmas present 2 yrs ago. If you get "leathers" of any kind, it helps tremendously to be able to try them on. I made a trip to Austin (1 hr away) to exchange mine and be able to try different sizes. Well worth the trip.
    Good Luck and Stay safe.

Daniel

Forum Member

I second Daniels suggestion to get a set of Warrington 5000's (Or at least some leather boots). I've had mine for a couple years and it was the best purchase I've made. A good set of boots can make a long day at work less fatiguing. I actually find my 5000's more comfortable than my station boots, and have yet to have blisters on my feet, even after many days where we were out of the station for 12-16 hr straight. Knoxville FD provides them to all their firefighters, which says a lot in itself, but the day I visited my brother's station and slipped his on I honestly didn't want to give them back. I never knew anything other than a set of rubbers and trying a pair on helped me realize that not all the gear you're issued is the most comfortable. Using a uniform allowance to buy different gloves, boots, helmets and other accessories can ease the high expense and make a world of difference on your endurance during a long day/call.

I'm not going to debate the difference between a leather helmet and tactical tupperware, but I may begin debating leather boots and foot condoms

Thats my $ .02
    Last edited by Alex1137; 02-02-2007 at 09:13 AM.

Forum Member

If you can't afford the warringtons, There is another alternative.

If anyone remembers this, Marc from Airboss offered awhile back to send out some CBRN rubber structural Boots to people who wanted to try them for FREE.
    I took him up on them as well as several people from my department, and then our larger automatic aid department got in on the deal too.
    I am blown away how much more comfortable they are over the Rangers I was issued. Much lighter, more comfortable, they don't have that nasty ole horse hair type liner but a really sweet kevlar/nomex blended material.
    I haven't heard a single complaint from either department yet, other than it takes a little getting used to when you go to hop in and theres no side hooks. Low cut in the back with a single loop in the back.

Forum Member

We also did the wear test with the Airboss boots and were absolutely amazed by these boots. Our whole department was so impressed by these new boots that we are now changing our Pro's and Lacrosse leather boots for these new Airboss boots. Much more comfortable, safer and lighter than what we had on before. Plus they are haz mat & usar certiifed from what I just learned from the company.Worth a try in my opinion.

For those that haven't tried them yet... you don't know what you're missing.

Good luck.

Forum Member

I'll take some achy feet for "hours at a structure fire"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wag11c View Post
    I'll take some achy feet for "hours at a structure fire"
    Don't try it at a meth lab fire on the hottest day of the year.
    I was hanging out at the apartment pool barefoot and in shorts when the tones dropped and instead of putting on some socks before going to the station,I just went barefoot down the street and got my gear on.
    It took three weeks for the blisters on my ankles from the boots rubbing on them to heal.Seeing the local newsbabe bent over in a tank top didn't make up for the pain.
    Go with the socks and correctly fitting boots over department issue rubber boots and barefoot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1137 View Post
    I'm not going to debate the difference between a leather helmet and tactical tupperware, but I may begin debating leather boots and foot condoms

Thats my $ .02
    He said "foot condoms" lmao 8)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Go with the socks and correctly fitting boots over department issue rubber boots and barefoot.
    Hey Doug, I had that problem Once. I now keep an extra pair of ankle socks laid over my boots incase I need them. Ankle socks are easier to get on in a hurry than regular tube socks and still prevent blisters.

Be Safe,

Daniel

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Seeing the local newsbabe bent over in a tank top didn't make up for the pain.

Woulda done it for me!!!
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

MembersZone Subscriber

How do you get in on the AirBoss trial?

Forum Member

Default Try this contact

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    How do you get in on the AirBoss trial?
    We worked with a guy named Mark. Here is the e-mail that we used to communicate with him : marc.bouchard@airboss-acton.com

Good luck.

Thread Information