Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Live-in programs

I might as well start off introducting myself so people understand where I'm coming from. I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school from Omaha, Nebraska. I've recently been looking at live-in programs around the Montgomery and Prince George's county. I'd like to know some input from the people who live around these areas and even anyone who has been in one of these programs. I'm planning on taking an EMT course here in Nebraska next summer even though I was told that if I was nationally registered it wouldn't really make any difference in Maryland. I'd have to go take a 24 hour refresher course and then take a test to pass with their standards. That's fine with me.

I'm really looking close at Montgomery College and the Rockville fire department. If anyone has anything good to say about other area fire departments or any other colleges w/ fire and ems programs I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nosrednanoraa View Post
    I might as well start off introducting myself so people understand where I'm coming from. I'm 17 years old and a senior in high school from Omaha, Nebraska. I've recently been looking at live-in programs around the Montgomery and Prince George's county. I'd like to know some input from the people who live around these areas and even anyone who has been in one of these programs. I'm planning on taking an EMT course here in Nebraska next summer even though I was told that if I was nationally registered it wouldn't really make any difference in Maryland. I'd have to go take a 24 hour refresher course and then take a test to pass with their standards. That's fine with me.

I'm really looking close at Montgomery College and the Rockville fire department. If anyone has anything good to say about other area fire departments or any other colleges w/ fire and ems programs I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.
    Hello,

My names Brian, I'm a junior here in Montgomery County (Sandy Spring VFD) and I could probably help you out.

Montgomery college is one of the top community colleges in the Nation and is a very good choice.

Something else great about Maryland is their Tuition Reimbursement Program..

For more information about Rockville's live in program you can check our their live-in members site:

http://rvfd.com/volunteer/livein/livein.htm

If you have any questions about other surrounding departments or any questions in general feel free to message me.

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by nosrednanoraa View Post

Thanks.
    Hey give me a private message and I would be more then happy to fill you in about Company 34 in PG COUNTY

Thread Information