Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hi Frome the Southside of Chicago Go Bears!!!

Dear Friends,

This year my wife and I wanted to do something together to help Make a Difference!
    So we both committed to running in the One America 500 Festival Mini-Marathon Run in Indianapolis on May 5th.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was founded in 1949. Its mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkinís disease, myeloma, and to improve the quality of life for patients and their families. Since its founding, the Society has allocated more than $424 million for research specifically targeting blood cancers.

Leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma will cause the deaths of and estimated 58,300 people in the United States this year. Every ten minutes, another child or adult is expected to die from Leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma. Leukemia is the leading fatal cancer in young men and women under age 20.

The Society has dedicated itself to being one of the top-rated voluntary health agencies in terms of dollars that directly fund research, 75.3% of every dollar raised goes directly to research, patient and community service and public health and professional education.
    24.7% goes to administrative and fundraising costs.

We will be training with Team in Training, a national organization established by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We will train with a group of individuals and three personal trainers in exchange for a pledge to raise $2,000 each for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The half marathon is 13.1 miles so you can see this will take a lot of training to accomplish this task but like I said we are committed. But we do need your help to reach our fund raising goal. What we ask is if you would like to help Make Difference and possibly save a life, you can donate to the Society by visiting our web page at www.active.com/donate/tntil/tntilkmyers and make your donation with a few simple steps. The Society will send you a receipt to your e-mail. Remember Donations are 100% tax deductible.

We Thank you for taking the time and reading this letter and we hope that you will tell your friends about the task that we have taken on and point out the help that this program will give to families in a time of need.

The bottom line is that any cancer extremely impacts a family and this is our way of honoring all of those survivors, as well as the memory of those lost to cancer, no matter what type.

Thank you,

Ken Myers.

Forum Member

Had a cousin die of cancer at 17. On a more positive note I'm going to root for the Bears.

Would rather be rooting for the Broncoes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default What is the final score of the Super Bowl gong to be?

Sorry to hear that, All we can do is try to help find a cure.

I think the final score of the game will be BEARS 37 COLTS 13

What does eveyone think the final will be?
    Last edited by kmyrs97; 02-03-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Forum Member

Hello from Indiana (go Colts!) and welcome to the forum.

The Bears put up a good fight. I couldn't believe Hester ran back the opening kickoff.

-------------------

Brady Lewis
    President
    Spanish 4 Emergencies.com
    Spanish Language Training for Fire, EMS and Dispatchers

Thread Information