MembersZone Subscriber

Clay, West Virigina, United States of America

Default LifePak 12 Phone transmission on Bag-phones

Hello,

My department has life-pak 12 monitors and are having a hard-time in getting the monitors to connect to the bag phone for strip transmissions into the ER's and medical commands for further review. Physio Control / Medtronic has no equipment to hook to our bag phones, but they say you can get a tone generator to hook into the bag phone and plug the monitor's phone line into the generator to trick the bag phone into having a dial-tone and the cellphone would dial. We are in dire need of help figuring this problem out, so if you haqve any suggestions or current configurations or equipment we could purchase to elievate this problem would help.

THANKS!!!

Chris Underwood

Lieu. / FF / EMT
    Big Otter Fire Department
    Clay EMS

Forum Member

What model phone?

There aren't many "bag phones" in production today...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by emtunderwood View Post
    Hello,

My department has life-pak 12 monitors and are having a hard-time in getting the monitors to connect to the bag phone for strip transmissions into the ER's and medical commands for further review. Physio Control / Medtronic has no equipment to hook to our bag phones, but they say you can get a tone generator to hook into the bag phone and plug the monitor's phone line into the generator to trick the bag phone into having a dial-tone and the cellphone would dial. We are in dire need of help figuring this problem out, so if you haqve any suggestions or current configurations or equipment we could purchase to elievate this problem would help.

THANKS!!!

Chris Underwood

Lieu. / FF / EMT
    Big Otter Fire Department
    Clay EMS

Hey,

If I were you I would be seriously speaking to your EMS Coordinator/Chief about wasting a $20K cardiac Monitor by trying to transmit a analog signal on a phone that has been outdated for 15 years. The money you would spend on a tone generator will easily pay for the cellphone and digital connection cable so you can transmit the 12 leads to the hospital either by fax or data-link. There is no sense transmitting them through the tone generator as it will mess up the 12 lead's clarity on the other end. Verizon wireless, nextel, sprint, cingular, etc all have data pack transmission capability. it wont cost much at all for the upgrade from the dinosaur bag phone

Lieutenant Ron Hordon EMT-P EMS I/C
    Rye Fire Department Local#4411
    Rye, New Hampshire

Forum Member

Is there a reason this was posted in two forums?

Thread Information