Casimer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile Clark County, NV

Did anyone test for Clark County on 1/26/07. 1st written just awaiting the results, came from MI to test just trying to get out of the cold. Anybody test there before ? Any ideal on the min % for the written. I talked to a FF and said at his test there were 5000 and the min % was 95. There was 2000 apps for this test ? So just wondering if they will drop the min. I also heard they are building a atation a yr for the next 12 yrs ? Anyone hear the same or different?

MembersZone Subscriber

They wont drop the min. 95% because they will get plenty of people who score a 95 or better. As for a station a year,that is probably true. They are really behind on building stations here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Casimer

Here is a article you might be interested in.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...566625760.html
    Today's Sun

MembersZone Subscriber

I passed and am moving on to the CPAT scheduled for April-May. They will be sending out second letters to tell exactly which day and time. Does anyone know how many people passed and are moving on? How many people are they looking to hire off this recruitment?

Casimer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile update

Just recieved my letter. Passed my written and on to the physical. When I asked HR about hiring they said they will hire 160 the most per year. Four academys a year and 40 people per academy. But the list is 2 yrs so not sure the total from this testing period. If anyone hears any different let me know. Thanks and good luck on the c-pat.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was going to take it, but school got in the way.

Casimer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation Department call volume

Anyone from Clark county FD. Just wanting to know call volume numbers? I read on the CCweb site that CCFD runs 104,000 plus calls a year, but whats the break down. Medicals? Fires? MVAs? etc. Also whats the work week schedule? I passed the written and have to go back for the C-Pat but my Q is that I am from Michigan and dont want to fly out just to practice for the test. I have the waiver to sign to not go to the practice, but will that look bad and will they hold that against me. I have seen the c-pat video and am aware of the test. Its just alot of $$ to travel out there to practice and then fly out there a few weeks later to take the actual test. Not that I am cheap or broke (not yet), I just dont want to not practice and it refelects on me.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't work for CCFD,I work for City. Their breakdown is close to ours. They run roughly 80% medical, 10% MVA, & 10% fire. Their work schedule is a 5/6, 24 on 24 off for 5 shifts and then 6 days off. But not many of them get 6 days off because they have alot of overtime. As far as the practice C-PAT,don't worry about it, they will see where you live and no it's not practical for you. They do have a new Chief over there, he's making alot of good things happen for them.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=Casimer;780002]Anyone from Clark county FD. Just wanting to know call volume numbers? I read on the CCweb site that CCFD runs 104,000 plus calls a year, but whats the break down. Medicals? Fires? MVAs? etc. QUOTE]

If you download their annual report is gives a good breakdown

http://fire.co.clark.nv.us/(S(3wfjrh...nnualRpt05.pdf
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Thread Information