Forum Member

Default The latest idiot

Two can play at this game. He might be smart but I'm smarter.

This moron put a piece of code into his replies that automatically redirects you to his derogatory thread. The forum software shouldn't be allowing but apparently it is. Too bad for that loser, I found it and I'm using it against him now. I put my own re-director in his derogatory thread taking you here.

Last edited by nmfire; 02-04-2007 at 10:35 AM.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

Good job.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hi,

I remerber a similar problem with an other troll about 1 or 2 years ago. A user was able to track him down (with the IP adress or something) and posted his picture...

Don't wait for the webteam Just track him down and publish his face!!

Sly

Forum Member

Question What Happened???

Im no computer geek but what happen to my thread why did come to this site. Nothing I did I hope?

Forum Member

This jackass is adding a piece of code to all his replies to various threads. This code redirects you to his vulgar and racist thread. So, in the spirit of fighting fire with fire, I found his code and turned it against him. I placed it in his vulgar thread so it redirects people out of it and into this one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAFA62 View Post
    Im no computer geek but what happen to my thread why did come to this site. Nothing I did I hope?
    Quote Originally Posted by NMFIRE

This moron put a piece of code into his replies that automatically redirects you to his derogatory thread. The forum software shouldn't be allowing but apparently it is. Too bad for that loser, I found it and I'm using it against him now. I put my own re-director in his derogatory thread taking you here.
    NMFIRE put in a re-director code that directs you away from that thread and brings you here. He pretty much summed it up above but I had to write something so I could submit it.

EDIT--Oops. I was too late.
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 02-04-2007 at 10:24 AM.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Okay, it really p*sses me off when I get ten minutes on a Sunday flappin morning to check out the off duty forum to get redirected everytime I try to flappin read something. This is the only ten minutes I get to myself out of the blessed week lately! So thanks to the original bigot for screwing up my day.

No offense to the cat who started this thread. But the original guy really ticked me off! I'll check with you all later!

Ranger

IACOJ - Proud member.

Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post

Just remember that if the web team turns off HTML enbeded code (Which they should) to stop this troll, your re-director will end. But for now I like your action, nothing like stomping on a MUTT
    Chief Jim Bator
    www.hopewellfire.org

IACOJ
    Got Crust?
    FTM-PTB

I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine. ~Kurt Vonnegut

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default 1/2 in fun, 1/2 serious

I'm confused.

If you went to the trouble to change the HTML codes for all those threads, why not just fix them?? LOL

And no, I don't know anything about how HTML work, so I truly don't understand why, if the HTML code can be manipulated, it can't be re-directed back to its proper thread?

And then bill FH for your time LOL.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Angry This is Bull*(&^

Not that I do not like jawjacking with all of you, but I would like to view the other threads someitme this century. Apperently emails to the moderator have had no effect.

Forum Member

I can't edit his posts that have the re-direct code in it. So what I did was copy his own code into MY reply to his thread. Then I modified that code in my reply to re-direct into this thread.

JJ- I know the webteam will probably turn off HTML once they re-appear on radar sometime this week. Yes it will kill my ability to do this, but it will also kill the a-hole's ability. One is not needed without the other so it is fine.

I would hope that whenever the webteam comes back, they will delete all this flaming idiot's posts and that will return the forum and all effected posts back to its previous state.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Thanks for explaining, nm! I may be proficient at typing, MS Word, Excel etc, but I'm completely lost when it comes to the geeky stuff
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

This is the report I sent to the web team....

Apparently, we have a racist who has little computer knowledge.. he's apparently hacked into your code, as when you click on a thread, it goes directly to his venomous spew.

If you don't do something about this, you are going to lose a lot more than forum posters. Your advertisers will bail out on you, and you will have let him and his ilk win.

Once again.. I am volunteering to be a moderator, as others have. If you have a problem with volunteer mods, you could make it worth our while, with either a stipend, free membership to the members zone, a free subscritpion to the magazine, whatever.

Just do something!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Are they going to do something Today or Not.
    This is BS. And if it does not stop I will go someplace else
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Forum Member

Just checking in to see if it was fixed yet. The site people can fix this, right? I keep ending up here from the username thread in off duty. You all are nice and all. And far more computer savvy than I am. But I want to play in off duty. LOL!

That j*ck*ss messed up the sandbox. I guess I'll take my Tonka trucks and go home until another day. See ya later! Good luck with that guy!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post

Quote:
    Apparently, we have a racist who has little computer knowledge.. he's apparently hacked into your code, as when you click on a thread, it goes directly to his venomous spew.

If you don't do something about this, you are going to lose a lot more than forum posters. Your advertisers will bail out on you, and you will have let him and his ilk win.

Once again.. I am volunteering to be a moderator, as others have. If you have a problem with volunteer mods, you could make it worth our while, with either a stipend, free membership to the members zone, a free subscritpion to the magazine, whatever.

Just do something!

You've got my vote...

Forum Member

I think they need to enforce....Registered / emailed varification /24-hour wait / Members on this forum. This is truly sad.

I'll volunteer to be a Mod, even thought i'm new here. I'm on here alot and i've been mod at other forums and have good experience for running websites.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Once again.. I am volunteering to be a moderator
    All in favor of DaGonz being a moderator raise your hand ( or voice)

(REDNECK'S HAND SHOOTS UP)
    FOR HE WHO SERVES HIS FELLOWS IS OF ALL HIS FELLOWS GREATEST

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Is there a layman's explanation for why adding someone to your ignore list doesn't bypass the redirect?
    ullrichk
    a.k.a.
    perfesser

a ship in a harbor is safe. . . but that's not what ships are for

Angry

i hung around for 4 months before i decided to buy a subscription and now this f******* guy(not you nm) comes around and starts killing the site

MembersZone Subscriber

Webteam,

It is easy to fix this.

Appoint volunteer moderators. 1-2 per forum subject, ie,

1-2 for wildland firefighting

1-2 federal fire act grants and funding

1-2 industrial firefighting.

Look for moderators that are active here, and have moderated forums in the past, such as FIDO, Yahoogroups, other forum pages, etc. There does not seem to be a shortage of volunteers.

By having moderators over specific areas, it splits up the responsiblity, avoiding burnout, as well as avoiding the situation where old Joe the Moderator with moderator privelages everywhere on the board gets tired
    of old Jane and creates issues on the entire forum. It also prevents old Joe from coming home late Saturday night after being at the bar, and terrorizing the entire board.

Keeps people from flipping out their "netcop" badge too.

I don't think voting for moderators is a great idea, moderator should not be a popularity vote.

Let these moderators have the ability to delete posts at the minimum, and to
    freeze a thread. Think how easy your mondays will be then!

Just some thoughts.

Forum Member

I lost interest in this website when I was having problems and the Webteam never responded to my questions. I was not the only one with these problems because several users posted the same problem on various threads. So I felt compelled to write the Webteam one more time. Thanks to all of you who lend your experience and education to others but I'm done with FH.

Post to Webteam:

Can you do something about this? This is ridiculous. I thought it was bad that five of my questions to the webteam went unanswered but this tops the cake. My faith in this website is gone. See ya at fire engineering!
    Last edited by Ladder5B; 02-04-2007 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Just because

Forum Member

Earth to webteam.... you might want to do something before your forum members, MembersZone Subscribers, magazine subscribers, and advertisers go bye-bye!

Well after all, maybe this is the wake up call that everyone has been looking for.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LPFDfireman43 View Post
    No Your not. You code doesnt do a damn bit of good because the 1st page doesnt redirect. Only the seoncd page does witch is the place you put your code. My code still takes everyone to the 1st poage dumb f*ck. Therefor what you did is useless. The laugh is on you.

Hey NM..... WTG Bro... Glad to see theres a vigilante in here that can do something when Major stool samples like this whacker show up...

As for the said stool sample...

LP... Dude... Grow up... You know how much of a horses A** you look like right now? You can get help for that "Little Man's" syndrome ya have...

Das Boot...
    Giggity - Giggity!

Forum Member

This site is becoming a joke. I can't believe that the WT is not monitoring this site more closely due to the recent hijackings by this moron. I am in absolute favor of DCGonz being a moderator as well as any other long time respected member, there are several to choose from. Web Team, wake up, get your s##t together and do something. We should not be subjected to offensive, racist postings constantly as we have been. Your apology rings hollow, as you are obviously not doing enough to rectify the ongoing problem. You are in danger of losing members, and of this site being viewed poorly by members of the fire service that consider this site a valuable resource. It is beyond me that someone has not been assigned to monitor the forums in light of recent events. I suggest you use the resources you have at hand immediately, ie. user/moderator before this site suffers any longer. Sorry guys, but I have had enough of the incompetence!

p.s. WT, if you feel the need to punish me for being critical of you, so be it, just do something!

Thread Information