Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Endorsement?

Default Endorsement?

Webteam, Firehouse.com, and Cygnus media staff,
    Your failure to respond to the continued racist comments on your forums gives the impression you are endorsing this type of behavior. This is totally unacceptable and to continue to allow such filth on your web site will leave me no choice but to disassociate myself with those that condon this.

SPFDRum
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Recently relocated to Baltimore County, MD

I've been a member on this forum since May 2001. In that time, I've seen my share of "incidents" on this board. During the summer of 2006, threads were deleted and members banned WITHIN MINUTES because a certain chief's name was uttered during the Firehouse Expo. That was resolved and we moved on.

These last few days you have allowed racist posts to sit on here for hours at a time. You have been aware of these issues since at least 1/31/07. Now it looks like someone has hacked your site and put in a code line that directs us to the racist posts.

Why don't you have someone constantly checking the forums for content? Why do you still allow guests to post? It seems to me that the answer is the almighty dollar. The company does not want to pay for the proper amount of 24/7 Web Team Coverage because it cuts into the profits on Memberszone membership (another thing I have a problem with) and advertising.

It has been proposed by others that a boycott of advertisers on this site might be what is needed to get you to wake up to the needs of the users. I think that sounds like a good idea.

It is my sincere hope that you can tackle this issue head on in a productive way and make posts such as these unnecessary.
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

I set up a letter in my Email program and then sent a copy of it to the advertisers on this site. Some had 800 numbers.. so I called them. I know it is Sunday, but when they get the messages on Monday morning... Here is what I sent to the advertisers via email. I pretty much repeated it verbatim on the phone.

There has been a problem at Firehouse.com with a racist who logs in under multiple screen names and then posts racist cartoons and statements in the forums there.

Do you want your firm to be associated with this?

Let Firehouse.com and Cygnus know that they have to put a stop to it now!

I have noticed that the offending posts are pretty much gone (I went off line around 1:00 PM EST).

Webteam: you have to keep up on this!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information