Forum Member

Default Philly's squad-engines

I am looking for info on Philly's Squad-Engine Co. I am very familiar with FDNY's squads, but would like any info on PFD's units. Staffing, equipment, apparatus, types of responses, etc.

Forum Member

Squad 72, formerly Squrt 72, is located at 1127-29 W. Louden St. in the Olney Section of North Philly, which is Division 2. Squad 47 is located in South Philly at 3023-45 Grays Ferry Avenue, Division 1.

They operate much like FDNY's squads do. They are responsible for their own "first due" area, respond second, third and fourth due on boxes, and also respond Division-Wide as called for, and also City-Wide as needed. Philly has standard operating assignments depending on your order on the box card- first and third engines take the front, second and fourth take the rear. If the Squad is one of the 4 engines on the box, they assume they are an engine company and act according to SOP unless otherwise directed by the I.C.

A full box assignment in Philly gets you 4 engines, 2 trucks and 2 Batallion Chiefs. Assuming that they are not assigned on the original assignment, if it goes "All-Hands", you will also get the Division Chief (Deputy 1 or 2), Rescue 1, a Squad, a medic unit, and a RIT Truck Company.

The Incident Commander may utilize the Squads as he sees fit- either as an Engine Company, a Truck Company, or as a Rescue Company.

Equipment carried also mirrors FDNY squads in many ways. Standard engine company equipment, some truck equipment such as hand tools, saws, etc. They also carry some heavy rescue equipment. The Squads also have a second piece which is a bread-van like unit which is primarily for Spaz Mat.

I think I pretty much covered it. I dont know if PFDT18 will see this, perhaps if he does he can fill in any gaps I left or correct me all together. Used to be a huge Philly Buff but have moved away and lost most of my "contacts."
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I think I pretty much covered it. I dont know if PFDT18 will see this, perhaps if he does he can fill in any gaps I left or correct me all together. Used to be a huge Philly Buff but have moved away and lost most of my "contacts."
    Yeah, you moved "Far" away alright

More like you just need to get off your *** and go buff once in a while
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Philly's Squirt No. 43
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Forum Member

Thread Information