Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: workout

MembersZone Subscriber

Default workout

I have been looking on a few websites and most want you to pay them for making a workout, so I thought I would post here.

I'm mid 20's carrying about 15-20 more pounds then I would like. I eat very healthy, but know its the pop, and sweets, as well as late night snacking that I NEED to cut out in order for this to work. What I need is a routene I can do 3 times a week at the gym. I have full access to a great facility, with an indoor pool as well. Being a firefighter I guess I'm just looking to keep the cardio system in excellent shape, as well as lose some of the excess fat my body has. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have enough time for about an hour and a half at the gym each time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default workout

adam, check the other "workout" discussion here. I listed a free workout that was published last month with the IAFF.

Keep in mind that those that design workouts are certified professionals. Yes, they charge a fee or you may have to buy a book. You wouldn't ask for a free service from a painter or plumber would you? You health may need an investment but it is worth it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Dude how can you seriously say that you eat very healthy and mention pop, sweets and late night snacking in the same sentence!

I will make a deal with you. Post EVERYTHING you eat and drink for an entire day and also what time you are eating and I will give you some insight as to why you are carring that extra 15-20 lbs.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess I was referring to my meals I eat, I am very concious about what it is I am eating, but I will drink a pop or two a day, and at night get a sweet tooth for something before bedtime. I dont have a meal of candy bars and pop at every meal, or anything like that, but I'll post on here what I eat for today (it'll be tomorrow morning) and the times I eat it.

Also, yes I do ask plumbers, painters, electrician to do work for free. I have a nice network of friends in the community, and we all seem to help each other out. When I need electrician work done, or advice, I ask a friend, and when he or anyone else needs some labor help, I return the favor. Kinda like these boards are designed to do.

MembersZone Subscriber

ok meals from yesterday.

6:40 am, bananna
    7:00 am, cup of coffee, sugar and non dairy creamer
    9 am cup of coffee, black
    2pm fried egg sandwich, with slice of cheese, wheat bread, glass of milk
    6:40pm 3 country style pork ribs,W/BBQ sauce (these were leftovers from Sunday Night) and mashed potatoes with sour cream.
    9:00pm, glass of milk

I guess my main meal I hate is the noon lunch, my job really dosent offer any breaks until about 2:00, and by then a big lunch makes me not want to eat supper until late.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool IAFF article workout

http://www.foodfit.com/iaff/default_issue20.asp
    Here is the link, let me know if there are any ?'s

Thread Information