Forum Member

Default jobs/info on utah

So I hear alot of talk about other cities and I am wodering if anyone out there has experiences with utah. I am from the salt lake area and trying to get a foot in the door. anything would be great.

Forum Member

no one here is from utah?

Permanently Removed

troy- There is a guy on here with the id of "UTFFMT". Track him down and he will hook you up.

PS- He is the guy holding the turnout coat and helemt on everytime you log into FH.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Any info in particular

I know that Unified Fire just had a testing process in the last few months. I imagine they won't be having another one for a couple of years. Salt Lake City had one last year, next one should be in 2008 I believe. You can go to either of their websites for more information. I've heard through other people that alot of the smaller departments are getting ready to test very soon or have just started their testing. I heard that Park City was getting ready to test soon. I don't know how reliable the Park City info is. Don't know if that's the type of information you were looking for or not. Hope it helped.

Forum Member

Ya I have seen alot of the smaller dept starting to post their test dates. I test for wvfd and I missed the salt lake test this year. I will be testing as the test come up. I know most of the big dept wont be hiring for a while. I was thinking about doing wildland this summer. Does anyone know anything about getting on as wildland here in Utah? I have found some info and will apply with Unified.

MembersZone Subscriber

Get ahold of me at firemack@comcast.net. I work for the City and did part time at Unified with a lot of guys who did wildland for Unifieds crew. One of my buddies at City also worked wildland for the Forest Service. I could probably hook you up with some guys that could tell you the best way to go about it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I was just thinking and I heard the other day from a friend that Unified was going to be hiring more part timers because so many have been hired full-time in the last few months. I know they look favorably on the guys that have been through UFRA for their part time program. It's a great foot in the door. I feel like it helped me get on full time. Get in touch with me and I could give you the contact info for the Captain in charge of the program.

Permanently Removed

You can contact UTFFEMT at utemt@aol.com if needed.

Thread Information