Forum Member

Default can't start a new threaad

will it work here?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

well, good, but it won't work in the off duty discussions.

I tried to post it there, but it kept hanging after i hit submit.

I can't even preview the thread, as it finishes loading but nothing appears.

this is what the thread was supposed to be:
    Title : A Time Limit on Rape

Found this on cnn.com/time.com.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4786-2,00.html

some highlights
    If a woman consents to having sex with a man but then during intercourse says no, and the man continues, is it rape?

The answer depends on where you live. The highest courts of seven states, including Connecticut and Kansas, have ruled that a woman may withdraw her consent at any time, and if the man doesn't stop, he is committing rape. Illinois has become the first state to pass legislation giving a woman that right to change her mind. But in Maryland--as well as in North Carolina--when a woman says yes, she can't take it back once sex has begun--or, at least, she can't call the act rape.
    Advocates for victims' rights insist it's not just a matter of allowing a woman to have a change of heart. If the law doesn't recognize a woman's right to say no during sex, they say, there is no recourse for a woman who begins to feel pain or who learns her partner isn't wearing a condom or has HIV.
    [The National Center for Men] group has created a "consensual sex contract" to be signed before intercourse.
    an interesting read, and I'm sure with all the firehouse lawyers we have here, as well as any teenager who has been cut off mid, ummm, date, people would have interesting opinions on this topic.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Talking

No! No! No! Whoops too late. Any job worth doing is worth finishing, right?

Forum Member

Maybe Cyngus is afraid you might be a sexist.(tic)

Forum Member

i cant post threads either.

Forum Member

I see WT still hasn't done a damn thing about his problem.........

Been trying to start a new thread and nothing...........

WT, when you guys gonna get off your butts and fix the problem????????????

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070410/...cash_home_fire

By KRISTIN M. HALL, Associated Press Writer
    51 minutes ago

HENDERSONVILLE, Tenn. - A fire destroyed the lakeside home of the late country singer Johnny Cash on Tuesday.

The fire started around 1:40 p.m. CST in this suburb about 20 miles northeast of downtown Nashville. Fire trucks arrived within five minutes, but the house was already engulfed in flames, Hendersonville Fire Chief Jamie Steele said.

Just a few hours later, there was almost nothing left except brick chimneys and the steel frame.

The cause is unknown, but Steele said the flames spread quickly because construction workers had recently applied a flammable wood preservative to the exterior of the house. The preservative was also being applied inside the house.

No workers were injured, but one firefighter was slightly hurt while fighting the fire, Steele said.

Cash and his wife, June Carter Cash, lived at the home from the late 1960s until their deaths in 2003.

The property was purchased by Barry Gibb, a member of the Bee Gees, in January 2006. Gibb and his wife, Linda, had said they planned to restore the home on Old Hickory Lake and hoped to write songs there.

Gibb's spokesman, Paul Bloch, said the singer and his family are "both saddened and devastated by the news."

While the Cashes lived there, the 13,880-square-foot home was visited by everyone from U.S. presidents to ordinary fans.

"So many prominent things and prominent people in American history took place in that house — everyone from Billy Graham to Bob Dylan went into that house," said singer Marty Stuart, who lives next door and was married to Cash's daughter, Cindy, in the 1980s.

Stuart said the man who designed the house, Nashville builder Braxton Dixon, was "the closest thing this part of the country had to Frank Lloyd Wright."

When Cash moved there, the road was a quiet country lane that skirts Old Hickory Lake. Kris Kristofferson, then an aspiring songwriter, once landed a helicopter on Cash's lawn to pitch him a song.

In later years, Cash did a lot of recording in the home and in a studio on the property. The landmark video for his song "Hurt" was shot inside the house.

"It was a sanctuary and a fortress for him," Stuart said. "There was a lot of writing that took place there."

Richard Sterban of the Oak Ridge Boys lives on the same road as Cash. "Maybe it's the good Lord's way to make sure that it was only Johnny's house," Sterban said.

Cash's musical career began in the 1950s and spanned from rock 'n' roll to folk to country. His hits included "Ring of Fire," "Folsom Prison Blues" and "I Walk the Line."

The Bee Gees are best known for their disco hits of the late 1970s, such as "Night Fever" and "Jive Talkin'."

___

On the Net:

Johnny Cash: http://www.johnnycash.com/

Barry Gibb: http://www.barrygibb.com/

__

Associated Press writer John Gerome in Nashville contributed to this report.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

STill nothing fixed........ WT, you even out there???????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    IACOJ

Forum Member

I sent this PM to the WT just a couple minutes ago:
    WT, there is still an issue with not being able to post new threads! What happened to the "updates" that were supposedly going to take place in a short time (which was around the 1st of the year or so, I believe).

Are you ever going to fix this problem????

I have tried in multiple sections to post threads and have not been able to......... And it doesn't matter which computer I try it from...... All with IE version 6 or higher........
    We'll see how long it takes them. As of this post, the WT's last activity was today at 4:22pm. Their last post was on 04/03/2007 at 1215pm.

Anyone else still having the problems?????
    IACOJ

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by firenresq77 View Post
    I sent this PM to the WT just a couple minutes ago:

We'll see how long it takes them. As of this post, the WT's last activity was today at 4:22pm. Their last post was on 04/03/2007 at 1215pm.

Anyone else still having the problems?????
    To tell you the truth, I don't even try anymore, Brian. Haven't for a long time. Why bother?

Have you been to the new site? When I do want to start a new thread, which isn't very often these days, I just do it over there. Without any trouble whatsoever!
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RspctFrmCalgary View Post
    To tell you the truth, I don't even try anymore, Brian. Haven't for a long time. Why bother?

Have you been to the new site? When I do want to start a new thread, which isn't very often these days, I just do it over there. Without any trouble whatsoever!
    The crusty site?
    IACOJ

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Yup .......
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Go figure.......... STill no response from the WT......... Worthless!!!!!!!
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Lightbulb For those who can't start threads or who can't start threads in certain forums

For those who can't start threads or who can't start threads in certain forums:

Look at the box towards the lower left of the page with the heading "Posting Rules" and a small blue circle with arrows in it on a black background. If all you see is the header and the circle, click on the circle to expand the rule list.

It should look something like this when expanded: