Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default LODD Detroit, MI

DETROIT -- Police said a crash involving a fire truck and an SUV turned fatal Wednesday.

The fire truck and SUV collided at the intersection of 14th Street and West Grand Boulevard on Detroit's west side.

Detroit Police Deputy Chief James Tate said that one firefighter, Joe Torkos, and a man driving the SUV were killed.

How unfortunate.My thoughts go out to both families involved and to the fire dept family as well.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I just got the news from Da Rev. My heart and prayers to the families involved, and best wishes to a fast and full recovery to the crew.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I just read about it on the crusty site. My heart jumped when I read the headline!

My sincere condolences to the Detroit Fire Department, the firefighters from Engine Co. 17 and the Torkos family.

Sleep with angels, Joe.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

35monroeffemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Rest in peace brother.

My condolances to the family, and DFD for the ultimate sacrifice that our brother firefighter made.

You will be missed and never forgotten

I wish my best to the family and the DFD. From what I've read and heard, DFD is going through a rough time right now and I hope them the best. This is not something they needed right now.... although no one ever needs this

Forum Member

Thoughts and prayers with the friends and family and to the entire DFD.............this section is getting used way to much for my liking lately.........................

MembersZone Subscriber

Rest in peace, brother.
    If anyone has information about helping his family, Joe had a young child and his wife was expecting, please post. Also, I want to know the hows and the whys too, but before we point fingers or Chief Goldfelder preaches about seatbelts (no disrespect, my brother) lets help the hurting............then we talk about stopping the causes.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is with deepest regret and sorrow to report the line-of-duty death of Fire Engine Operator Joseph T. Torkos of IAFF Local 344 Ė Detroit, Michigan. Brother Torkos, 47, died on Wednesday, February 7, 2007 in an apparatus accident with a civilian driving an SUV while on his way to responding to a fire.

The visitation will be held on Saturday, February 10, 2007 from 2:00 to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday, February 11, 2007 from 12:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Solosy Funeral Home, 3206 Fort Street, Lincoln Park, Michigan 48146, (313) 383-1870. The funeral will be held on Monday, February 12, 2007 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Hedwig Catholic Church, 3245 Junction Street, Detroit, Michigan 48210. Interment will follow at Our Lady of Hope Cemetery, 18303 Allen Road, Brownstown, Michigan.

Thread Information