Forum Member

Default Capt Bobs book, is it worth it?

I see Capt Bob plastering his book and internet site all over the place.
    My question is for people who've bought this book.
    Is it that much different from all the other fire books out there?
    Let's here from the people on how well it helped them and if they would recommend it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Words can't describe...

Quote Originally Posted by JettoFunk View Post
    I see Capt Bob plastering his book and internet site all over the place.
    My question is for people who've bought this book.
    Is it that much different from all the other fire books out there?
    Let's here from the people on how well it helped them and if they would recommend it.
    I have not only the book, but also the CD's. I listened to the CD's first. I really got an idea from listening, as to what they are looking for in the oral board. The book goes over every stage of the process. Not only the oral, but the application, resumes, written tests, chiefs oral, medical, lie detector, background check, CPAT, Psych, ect. I read the book as I went through the process. As I got to the written, I read that section, etc. I gained an unbelieveable amount of confidence, as well as an understanding of what I was going into. Come to find out, the department I was testing for has no oral board!! I thought maybe I had wasted my money...I was wrong! Along came the psych. If you think you can go into the psych without preparation, you are wrong!! I read the book, had some questions, emailed Capt. Bob, got an answer back within 6 hours or so, with not only answers to my questions, but also additional resources FREE OF CHARGE!! I took my psych, and I feel great about it! I can't tell you how the story ends just yet, but I can tell you that I would pay 4 or 5 times what I paid for the program, if I knew that it would guide me the way it did. Finally, I was going in knowing exactly what I was facing!! There is no better feeling when the odds are so low!! Just my 2 cents!

Forum Member

Wow, i ordered the book and since they're distros weren't opened tonight Bob actually emailed it to me and called me within 5 min of ordering.
    I gotta say that is the best customer service I've ever seen.
    Website needs work but Bob says they are working on it.
    Last edited by JettoFunk; 02-09-2007 at 10:58 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Capt Bob has a great program... IF... you do what he says.

I've been an evaluator on several entry-level oral boards. There are a lot of people that come in the room thinking they know it all. They seem to give the same answers as just about everyone else. Not even their experience and certs can make up for their boring, unoriginal answers.

Sitting on an oral board is boring at times. The guys at the top of our lists gave personal answers that drew us to them. Capt Bob covers a lot of this in his program. I ended up working at the same house as the #1 candidate, and he told me that he used Capt Bob's program.

I am getting ready for a promotional exam, and now I practice his methods everyday. I will probably even do some phone sessions when it gets closer.
    "...there isn't a firefighter in the free world who is forced to join this profession." -John Norman

Wittmer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Can someone post a link to his site?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmer View Post
    Can someone post a link to his site?
    www.eatstress.com

There are a few other great programs out there. I like Capt Bob because of my dealings with him and his materials. He is also one of the only instructors to do coaching over the phone.

Both CaptBob and BCLepore provide great feedback via these forums. They also have feature articles on Firehouse.com. Just do a search, and you should be able to find some great articles.
    "...there isn't a firefighter in the free world who is forced to join this profession." -John Norman

Permanently Removed

I have been using Bob's promotional material for a while now and I can honestly tell you it has helped me. I have been working on moving up from FF to Fire Captain and earlier this year, I came out #1 on a department's list and was offered a job.

Now, let me make this clear. Bob did not spoon feed me any answers or get me the job. I had to pick out certain bits and pieces of his program and use them where I could to fine tune certain areas.

The bulk of getting hired is going to come down to YOU and only you. You may need some help getting over the speed bumbs and rough patchs. I would reccomend looking into Bob's programs.

Please PM me if you need more help or info.
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 02-11-2007 at 06:38 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Capt Bob sent me one of the first copies of his new book and I was extremely impressed. Capt Bob puts his heart and soul in every candidate who is aspiring to become a firefighter. There are very few people around these days that have a sincere desire in their heart to help people. This book shares with you the proven strategies that helped countless fire candidates reach their dream of becoming a firefighter. It is an absolute must for all those that want an edge over your competition.

Brent Collins, Asst Chief, Cleveland Fire Dept and President, Don McNea Fire School.

www.fireprep.com

Forum Member

Never tried Capt Bob's books but Chief Lepore's "Smoke Your Firefighter Interview" FINALLY got me over the hump.

Default Do it

Well, I've been testing for two years, always getting knocked out at the Oral Boards. Finally I got Capt. Bobs book. That was good. But I also got personalized coaching from his son Capt. Rob. THAT was GREAT. Man, I went into my next two oral boards with my act wired so tight, it was awesome. After that I was able to go back to the book to prepare for the poly, psych and ride along. That book was great. I received job offers from both departments! Now I'm in the middle of picking which department I want to work for. Best dilemma I've ever had.
    Get the book. Get the coaching. You won't regret it.
    -Jake

Thread Information