Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default A Time Limit on Rape???

Found this on cnn.com/time.com.
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...4786-2,00.html

some highlights
    If a woman consents to having sex with a man but then during intercourse says no, and the man continues, is it rape?

The answer depends on where you live. The highest courts of seven states, including Connecticut and Kansas, have ruled that a woman may withdraw her consent at any time, and if the man doesn't stop, he is committing rape. Illinois has become the first state to pass legislation giving a woman that right to change her mind. But in Maryland--as well as in North Carolina--when a woman says yes, she can't take it back once sex has begun--or, at least, she can't call the act rape.
    Advocates for victims' rights insist it's not just a matter of allowing a woman to have a change of heart. If the law doesn't recognize a woman's right to say no during sex, they say, there is no recourse for a woman who begins to feel pain or who learns her partner isn't wearing a condom or has HIV.
    [The National Center for Men] group has created a "consensual sex contract" to be signed before intercourse.
    an interesting read, and I'm sure with all the firehouse lawyers we have here, as well as any teenager who has been cut off mid, ummm, date, people would have interesting opinions on this topic.
    Last edited by DrParasite; 02-13-2007 at 10:36 PM. Reason: ughhhh
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Interesting Topic....but.....cant't/won't touch this... No pun intended.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Thread Information