Forum Member

Default Any new E-ones??

Anybody have any new E-ones recently delivered or on order? How is quality and the building process in general with them. How about stainless since they moved from NY to Fla.? Please no "Pierce is better" or KME jokes, etc Thanks.

Forum Member

E-Wont never existed in New York. Saulsbury Fire Apparatus, an exclusive, high-quality stainless builder did however. E-Wont bought out Saulsbury in a moment of Sualsbury's weakness. E-Wont immediately moved the plant down south, which is where the quailty of their stainless steel went- DOWN, or SOUTH.

Just ask Bel Air, Maryland about their "Saulsbury" Rescue!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FD1976 View Post
    Anybody have any new E-ones recently delivered or on order? How is quality and the building process in general with them. How about stainless since they moved from NY to Fla.? Please no "Pierce is better" or KME jokes, etc Thanks.

In my area, the Cleveland Hts, Brooklyn, North Ridgeville and Solon Ohio FD's all took deliveries in 2006. From what I have heard, they are satisfied. All of them are E-One repeat customers.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

We are waiting on delivery of 1 Rescue-Pumper and 2 2500 gal tankers. Should happen in the next three weeks??? This will bring our total to over 40 E-one trucks in our fleet. The trucks range from 85' to 2006'. Overall very happy(buy at least 3 every year), but have a had few(2) lemons in the past 4 years.

Forum Member

Default 5 years

E-Wont never existed in New York. Saulsbury Fire Apparatus, an exclusive, high-quality stainless builder did however. E-Wont bought out Saulsbury in a moment of Sualsbury's weakness. E-Wont immediately moved the plant down south, which is where the quailty of their stainless steel went- DOWN, or SOUTH.

Fed Sig bought Saulsbury in 1998 and announced closure of the New York operations in 2004. That is IMMEDIATELY in your book????

Forum Member

Gila, thanks. I was going to post the same thing. Does anyone have a S/S unit from Florida?? They announced the move in '04, but I think production actually started deliveries in '05 or even early '06. Some of the NY employees moved there.
    Last edited by FD1976; 02-15-2007 at 08:24 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gilamonster View Post

Fed Sig bought Saulsbury in 1998 and announced closure of the New York operations in 2004. That is IMMEDIATELY in your book????
    While the move may not have been immediate, the downturn in quality was. Example being all 5 FDNY rescues. I do not claim to have inside knowledge over this--I just say what I have heard. Feel free to correct if the opinion is different.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by skipatrol8 View Post
    While the move may not have been immediate, the downturn in quality was. Example being all 5 FDNY rescues. I do not claim to have inside knowledge over this--I just say what I have heard. Feel free to correct if the opinion is different.
    To be honest, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone giving compliments to a FDNY manufacturer other than Mack.
    Last edited by firepiper1; 02-15-2007 at 07:10 PM.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Forum Member

Cromwell,Ct just got a E-one bronto
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Default Woodbridge Twp Fire

The Avenel fire district # 5 took delivery of a 2006 E-One top mount rescue pumper.[url]www.E-One.com
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-15-2007 at 07:49 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cromwell's truck looks similar to the new Rosenbauer Articulating Platform.

Forum Member

Quote-""To be honest, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone giving compliments to a FDNY manufacturer other than Mack"".

That's because they don't make Macks anymore. Although thery made a great chassis / drivetrain, the bodys and tanks literally rusted off the CF's in the northeast. They were also producing Mack fire trucks before the age of electronics and most NFPA regs. It would be interesting today.

Forum Member

Quote-""To be honest, I cant remember the last time I heard anyone giving compliments to a FDNY manufacturer other than Mack"".

Although thery made a great chassis / drivetrain, the bodys and tanks literally rusted off the CF's in the northeast. They were also producing Mack fire trucks before the age of electronics and most NFPA regs. It would be interesting today.
    Yes it would. Too bad they were in business before poly tanks and aluminum/stainless bodies were popular. Our '71 CF Aerialscope is still in service somewhere in New York State.

Forum Member

Our new rescue company. 2006 E-One 1500/750

Forum Member

That's because they don't make Macks anymore. Although thery made a great chassis / drivetrain, the bodys and tanks literally rusted off the CF's in the northeast. They were also producing Mack fire trucks before the age of electronics and most NFPA regs. It would be interesting today.
    Technically they do build macks today..KME baught the rights to Macks fire apparatus line in 1983 I think but they do own them.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by firetdriver99 View Post
    Technically they do build macks today..KME baught the rights to Macks fire apparatus line in 1983 I think but they do own them.
    I think that " VOLVO " owns the Mack truck co.

Forum Member

Default New E-Ones

We have a 2005 C2 pumper and a 4x4 C2 pumper on order. We are very happy with the service and reliability.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post

Just ask Bel Air, Maryland about their "Saulsbury" Rescue!
    Let me guess, another Pierce Kool-Aid drinker..., talk is cheap and rumors run wild, do yo really know the facts??, what exactly is your version of "Saulsbury's weakness", running in the red maybe???i would however agree that closing the NY plant was a mistake by that administration of E-One, that plant had started to turn things around financially and by then it was too late. Some will say that the quality of the S/S product is better, some just can't stand the fact that E-One bought out Saulsbury and refuse to even look, to bad for them i guess.

MembersZone Subscriber

We just took delivery of a new E-One pumper. It is the same body as the rig before it but this one is a Spartan cab. (Gladiator classic)
    We spent a little more to get a metal inside (door panels, dash etc.) and the quality is much better then the e-one. It is obvious that some skill was put into the Spartan. Our rig before this one is just built cheap. As an example the plastic door panels are rivited on with plastic rivits (it looks a lot like the inside of a gas station washroom) They crack, if you need inside the door it has to be drilled out and re rivited. It is just cheap junk.
    The first E-One I worked on was an 85. From my experience that is when e-One stopped making quality equipment. Its dash was metal, so were the door panels and other parts. I don't know if you can spec an E-One with metal on the inside. I do know you can get a Spartan with a plastic inside if you want.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    I think that " VOLVO " owns the Mack truck co.
    They may own the comercial Mack line but according to an article in fire apparatus last year KME owns the rights to Macks old fire apparatus line.

Default You might reconsider E-One

Check this out. Oh my! Yeah, questioning everything? I now know why!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

Ahhhhh!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Is that a fire apparatus or an ice cream truck?

Forum Member

don't like the look, but what fool would paint it pink, even if it is just a demo.

Forum Member

Please tell me that whoever took this picture had the color setting off on their camera!!! I hope it's not PINK, (or whatever color it is). You really have to question some of the recent E-One marketing lately. The ad with the jet engines on a pumper was interesting, since we are all reading about responding safely and arriving alive. And the engine going up the office building was unique.

Pink fire engines for everybody!!!

Thread Information