Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    If the majority of Firefighters are happy, then that is good.
    C'mon...when was the last time that a majority of firefighters were happy about anything!
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    C'mon...when was the last time that a majority of firefighters were happy about anything!
    Good point! Around here no ones happy unless we're getting steady work. Then all is well. A short time with no good jobs and everyonei s b*tchin' and at each other about the stupidest sh*t.

I'm just glad someone is happy with their E-One MM, our E-One sales guy did a bang up job for us, really went the extra mile, and we would've bought a different truck from him no problem! just not the MM product. Of course we are very happy with our ALF salesman also, but Chris from Greenwood (E-One) really started with us on day 1 and was there for us through to the award of the bid to his competitor. But, that's how it goes in this business when you actaully write your own specs and mean that all bids that comply are welcome.

Forum Member

Don't ask the City of Merriam, Ks (I live there) about their 100' E One MM. It never worked right from day one. It recently went back to Fla for a couple of months and was rebuilt and still came back with issues.

Forum Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by firepiper1 View Post
    The Perth Amboy Firefighters went from a " RUSTY " Seagrave 1987 100' stick with no pump or tank to a $ 850,000 E-One 95' MM platform ,don't you think the guys where happy to get there new truck!.. They are our 2nd ladder to all major fires in our fire district !.. The city of Perth Amboy did business with ( Campbell Supply ) the " ALF/LTI dealer for NewJersey for many years with apparatus repairs etc. I thought that they would have gotten a 93' ALF MM platform 2000gpm quint ?
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 04-11-2007 at 09:17 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Command 6,

My department is also looking into replacing a 75' RM ladder with a ~95-100' MM Tower. The department is pretty small and we simply don't have the time or man power to do all the research that I think should be done before making a purchase of this magnitude. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your research? I understand what your department needs and wants is likely very different from mine. However your research appears to be an unbiased, fact based assessment of what is currently avialable on the market. I would greatly appreciate any information that you would be willing to pass along but understand if you don't feel comfortable doing so. Thanks,

jw

MembersZone Subscriber

fireflyfpe: We just replaced our 100 ft. stick with a midmount 93' platform. We too, did a lot of research and did a lot of convincing. Drop me a PM with an email address and you're welcome to have any of our info, use it, abuse or chuck it. But as you said a lot of detailed research is in order if you're thinking about switching. There are many details that don't seem to arise until you talk to some people who have switched or are users of the MM type units.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyfpe View Post
    Command 6,

My department is also looking into replacing a 75' RM ladder with a ~95-100' MM Tower. The department is pretty small and we simply don't have the time or man power to do all the research that I think should be done before making a purchase of this magnitude. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your research? I understand what your department needs and wants is likely very different from mine. However your research appears to be an unbiased, fact based assessment of what is currently avialable on the market. I would greatly appreciate any information that you would be willing to pass along but understand if you don't feel comfortable doing so. Thanks,

jw
    I don't mind at all.

I would prefer to email them. As professional as we are supposed to be in thie forums, there are those who would almost certainly use the objective and impartial information my group has collected to begin a urination competition.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    fireflyfpe: We just replaced our 100 ft. stick with a midmount 93' platform. We too, did a lot of research and did a lot of convincing. Drop me a PM with an email address and you're welcome to have any of our info, use it, abuse or chuck it. But as you said a lot of detailed research is in order if you're thinking about switching. There are many details that don't seem to arise until you talk to some people who have switched or are users of the MM type units.
    I'm guessing you purchased and ALF? How's my crystal ball?

Forum Member

Default Price Quote

I just received a quote from ALF : Eagle custom 134" cab, 75' Mid-mount aerial platform, no tank,no pump, 4 door enclosed air conditioned cab with seating for six (6) firefighters,(4- SCBA seats ),Detroit 60 515 HP engine,Allison EVS-P 4000 Trans, 20,000lb front axle, 48,000lb rear axle, battery charger with auto eject, aluminum fire body with left & right side compartments, internal ladder storage ,Harrison 6KW generator and cord reel, fully NFPA 1901 compliant, Base Cost $ 681,145.00 plus options !...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 04-29-2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Forum Member

Smile

del'd Oct of 2005,
    $640,000.
    ok, it was del'd a yr and half ago, and bid a yr before that.

http://www.smeal.com/delivery.asp?pa...veries&did=335

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    del'd Oct of 2005,
    $640,000.
    ok, it was del'd a yr and half ago, and bid a yr before that.

http://www.smeal.com/delivery.asp?pa...veries&did=335
    That is one nice looking platform at a very good price, that apparatus is to long to fit in our house!... Our 75' Scope is 38" O.A.L.

Forum Member

it almost didn't fit in ours, less than 5 ft. total frt and back clearance

it's too d$%^ long in my opinion.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctxffman View Post
    it almost didn't fit in ours, less than 5 ft. total frt and back clearance

it's too d$%^ long in my opinion.
    We only have about 3 feet behind our 75' Mack Aerialscope to the back wall, lined with the turnout gear racks. Most of todays newer ladder trucks are built to tall & long for smaller departments IMO !...

Thread Information