Forum Member

Default anyone use hydroxycut or any weightloss supplements

I'm trying to loose a few pounds. I've been stuck around 197pounds now and I just can't seem to get lower even though i've been working out and eating better. Any suggestions on what I could do?

35monroeffemt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Never have, but I have been thinking about it. Do they work??? Im 6 feet tall 230 pounds. I would like to get back down to around 200.

MembersZone Subscriber

Lots of cardio and cut calories. Cardio first thing in the morning before eating is a good way to burn fat. Eat 5 small meals a day high in protein, moderate carbs, and low sugar and fat.

Hydroxycut used to work when it had ephedrine in it, since they took that ingredient out its pretty much a bunk supplement like most are.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Waste Of Money!!

"Lift hard, eat right, say your prayers and listen to your parents"
    The one, the only, Hulkster Hulk Hogan

Forum Member

I used it for long enough to notice it didn't do anything for me. If anything it made me retain water more. Its VERY expensive and not worth it. Best bet would be to cut out more calories and start cardio. Maybe get in some HIIT. It sucks to do but if you can do it then go for it.

clipse
    http://forums.firehouse.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=181526&dateline=11930  75762

Forum Member

Doberman hit it on the head.. I believe Hydroxycut was just on the losing end of a class action lawsuit, along with Trim Spa and a few others, because they were proven to have no benefit in aiding weight loss.. When they took the Ephedra out, the stuff stopped working..

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE TRAINING, THE PRAYERS, AND THE VITAMINS."
    The Hulkster

MembersZone Subscriber

Most of those supps are garbage....especially any that are made by Muscletech(Hydroxycut). Your best bet is to try to do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and then eat a nutritous breakfast afterwards. IF you are going to buy these products stay away from GNC the prices are outrageous and the sales staff generally look like they have never even stepped foot in a gym. 1fast400 or dpsnutrition .com are your best bets.

Forum Member

I personally don't believe in any of those 'magic' weight loss supplements. Even though they have taken the Ephedrine out of all of them, they still has loads of caffiene in them and are still likely to cause some pretty bad side effects.

I say up the protein in your diet and eat smaller meals more often. That helps boost your metabolism without the side effects from pills.
    Last edited by scvfd412; 02-15-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    Lieutenant/EMT-B

VSFFA Member

"I'm a CCEMT-B."

"Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off."

"A lack of effort will always lead to failure."

MembersZone Subscriber

two week binge of nothing but speed, crack, and meth and I give u the gurantee that you will lose at least 20 lbs

Forum Member

Smile Bicycle riding

I found that taking your bike out every now and again is a great way to lose weight. Also you might find taking the bicycle seat off and sit on the metal pole this will cause you to peddle faster i hope this helps.
    Last edited by Godsmack; 02-15-2007 at 02:11 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Sometimes I take my seat off so I have somewhere to put my meth and crack durring my 2 week benders.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    two week binge of nothing but speed, crack, and meth and I give u the gurantee that you will lose at least 20 lbs
    ROFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a good one ~!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

On the other hand if you are to skinny then you will need a truck load of PopTarts and a bag of grass.

Back to topic: I have used a low carb diet, excercise, weightlifting and with some success Slimfast as a meal replacement system only because it has vit. and minerals but is sugar loaded.

Off topic: I lost 8 lbs. on my last 2 week prospecting trip using coffee, Slimfast, canned chili and lots of beer.

Forum Member

Making yourself throw up is free.

It's also pretty cheap to lay off the Little Debbies, frozen custard and fudge. I've heard not grazing all day like a chocolatovore mancow can reduce weight, but maybe I'm stuck in the dark ages.

Forum Member

cardio for 45 mins 3-5 times a week and not at some speed that the old lady next to you is doing. I lost 20 lbs that way over 3 months.

Forum Member

Tried it.. soso results.

I lost five pounds in two days earlier in the week... that nasty intestinal virus that's going around did it.

I am trying to drop a few pounds for the trip to Europe this summer. I have dragged myself back to the weight room at the station when I have the time to work out (and since the promotion, it's not as often as I should!) and I am eating healthier. I take the dogs out for a minimim of a two mile walk during the course of the day when I am off duty, 1 mile during duty days.

When ordering take out food... I spilt it into two portions. I have one at home and the other for a meal at the station and vice versa.

I'm trying to stay away from the snacks...
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Default lecture time

To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. How many days a week do you workout? What kind of cardio do you do? If your body is not changing then change your workout. Don't do the same thing every time. The way to lose weightis to eat healthy and exercise. That means more chicken and fish, veggies, fruits, whole grains. Cut out the high fat, refined sugars.

Supplements are a waste of money.
    Last edited by superchef; 02-16-2007 at 11:15 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Like others said, after ephedra was removed almost all lost their weight loss kick. However there are a few products out there. I use the GNC at NavSta Norfolk so I am not paying as much, but either the Thermo Cardio System OR another with a very similar name do help.

NOTE: These are not cure alls. You HAVE to use these with a proper diet and exercise. All these products do, is raise the metablism of the body while you are exercising. So if you are exercising like me first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, these will boost your body into tapping into your stored fat sooner than it would have normally. You are still going to have to do a minimum of 30-35 minutes of some form of brisk cardio exercise. However instead of taking 20 minutes to raise your heart rate and metablism up to about 35-39% of capacity, it will only take you 10-15 minutes.

I am currently using the one and I have dropped 2 or 3 pounds in two weeks.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have some GNC protein shakes that I used to use to replace snacking... and when I snack.... I can gulp down a whole large pizza....

So it kinda was a benefit to me.

My first physical at work... i weighed like 164.... but that was after a two week kidney stone process

Last year was like 171...

This year... I'm hoping for like 175 but around a 5-10% body fat would be great. My first year was 8 and last year was 11.

But, like I said, the two week crack diet will do wonders for your shape. I would gurantee success.

For a more detailed plan, please send $89.95 to me and I will get you a detailed plan that includes but is not limited:

How to run from the Cops
    How to hold up a convience store
    And how to convince others that its perfectly healthy to be up for 96 hours straight drinking nothing but coffee and a extra non-dairy added "energy kicker"

Forum Member

It depends on what hydroxcut you are talking about hydroxcut hardcore my muscletech sells out a everytime we get a shipment in but the other hydroxcut that isn't my muscletech is a waste of money.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trainforpain120 View Post
    It depends on what hydroxcut you are talking about hydroxcut hardcore my muscletech sells out a everytime we get a shipment in but the other hydroxcut that isn't my muscletech is a waste of money.
    Another waste of money?

Punctuation.

Forum Member

Smile Try This!!

Try this I found this works awesome,
    1st Take bicycle seat off bike
    2nd take your hand slap yourself really hard
    3rd run up to a stranger punch them in the face
    4th start running and let them try to attack you
    5th go home take what happened with stranger take out on your old lady
    6th as she packs her stuff up kick her in the head
    7th find your local police officer ask him what kind of jelly donut they eat
    8th call up your fire chief and cry about the bluelight law
    9th while working out run around scream like a girl
    and finally to lose weight

eat twinkies,cupcakes,and anything else you can find stuff all in your mouth swallow hard and enjoy the ride.

Forum Member

I know a girl that used to ride a bike that had no seat......weeeeeeeee!!!

.....I don't think she useed hydroxicut though.

Seriously though, if something is offering results that seem too good to be true, they probably are.......The first thing is to acknowledge that you are fat and need to commit to hard work hard and commitment.

Hello, my name is Steve.......and I'm fat.......

.....See? ....easy.
    A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    To lose weight you have to burn more calories than you take in. How many days a week do you workout? What kind of cardio do you do? If your body is not changing then change your workout. Don't do the same thing every time. The way to lose weightis to eat healthy and exercise. That means more chicken and fish, veggies, fruits, whole grains. Cut out the high fat, refined sugars.

Supplements are a waste of money.
    Yep, this all it takes... It all about what you put in vs what you burn-out... I cleaned up my eating habits back during Dec. of last year no refined sugars, all natural Fats from fish,flax oil, Natural p-butter, and today i've cut close 35 pounds of bodyfat... For me I started at 349 and 38% bodyfat today I'm 302 and at 27% bodyfat... Shooting for 15%... I do cardio 5-6 days week and lift 3 days a week....

The only Supplements that I use are Whey protein, Fish oil, Flax oil...

Jason

Forum Member

Worked for Anna Nicole Smith.Trimspa baby! T.C.

Thread Information