Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

by the way i heard the elizabeth had a really low turn out and their really understafed. they where really having trouble finding people to even fill out a aplication. they where advertising on billboards bus stops newspapers and even got the word out to local churches

Forum Member

Tonyda, how you explained the way the cities get names off the list is a little flawed. If they are hiring 50, they do not cert the first 50 on the list and then go back when people fail the background process. How they do it is if they are going to hire 50, they cert usually double of 3 times the ammount of people, so the first 100 or 150 people get a cert letter saying the city has their name and is starting the process....the reason for this is, when people fail the background they don't have to go back to the NJ DOP, sent cert letters out etc..... They overshoot on certs so they can do it all in house.

MembersZone Subscriber

anyone know of any jobs that are NON civil services coming up anytime soon???

Forum Member

Look into Cherry Hill, they are a chiefs test, I think they had a test about a year ago, maybe alittle more.

Forum Member

i heard that the testing applications are being opened in the spring and are staying open for a few months. but someone told me that this is not true. can anyone clear this up

Forum Member

Cherry Hill - Fall 2008 check our their website:

http://www.cherryhillfire.org/employ...on=_employment

Forum Member

Default Newark Hiring Updates?

Anyone hear anything about Newark starting their investigations or even a first class going into the academy for the spring?

MembersZone Subscriber

For everyone on the Jersey City list, The are promoting 25+ firefighters to captains tomorrow, that means there will be some spots to fill soon. Anyone hear anything to confirm this?

Forum Member

I haven't heard anything, don't think anyone got anything in the mail either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousDan View Post
    GeorgeWendtCFI,

Once candidates are certified from the list for hiring, they are investigated for residency, criminal records, etc, and for the Newark Fire Department, the Arson Investigators do some of the investigating.. And I only know this is fact because I have family, and many many good friends in the NFD.
    Of course they do.

But to suggest that they do not get a full class because they don't have time to do the investigations is a classic display of ignorance. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

And trust me. I know exactly what I am talking about.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

JCFD just made 26 captains....more spots to fill!!! The only thing that I heard about hiring was probably will be late spring

Forum Member

George,

I don't know why you are getting all worked up. I was asking if it could be a reason why. I wasn't saying it was the reason why. I was just curious. And if being curious is ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you.

MembersZone Subscriber

George,

I don't know why you are getting all worked up. I was asking if it could be a reason why. I wasn't saying it was the reason why. I was just curious. And if being curious is ignorant, then I don't know what to tell you.
    You were insinuating they were not doing their job. You got caught. Be a man and own up.

Forum Member

What's the rumor in Newark? When are they going to have a class, and how many?

Forum Member

George,

Incorrect, that is definitley not true. I won't man up to anything I didn't "insinuate" or assume. I was asking a question of curiousity. Give it up and move onto the next subject, please.

Forum Member

Default Don't know how true this is

My cousin is a ff and jersey city along with his father as well, and I heard from the both that there have been rumblings of combining the departments together. I.E. Bayonne, Jersey City, Hoboken etc. becoming one big department. Of course, I don't know if this is true or not, but I would in a way hope that they do it, I mean would it not mean more jobs for the rest of us trying to get on?

MembersZone Subscriber

George,

Incorrect, that is definitley not true. I won't man up to anything I didn't "insinuate" or assume. I was asking a question of curiousity. Give it up and move onto the next subject, please.
    Yeah, since you got caught you want to get this behind you, huh? Pretty dumb to badmouth the guys who may be investigating you someday.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if Englewood NJ is non civil service or not and is there a residency requirement? Are there any departments in NJ that allow you to live in NYC and work for their New Jersey city or town?
    Thanks,

Andrew

MembersZone Subscriber

Englewood is a chief's test. I am not 100% sure but I think they gave a test in 2007. I am not sure of the residency. I know they do a lot of off duty recalls, so I am assuming you have to live near by, but again I am not 100% sure.

Forum Member

Englewood is a chiefs test, they had one this past year, I know cus I took it :-) Do yourself a favor, don't even bother :-) They know who they are hiring before they grade the exams, or people with juice in the city get the spots. TRUST ME! :-)

Thread Information