+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

D = disabled vet
    V = Veteran
    N = Civilian (not disabled vet, or vet)

You can write the NJ DOP, notice I said WRITE (not email) and request the current active fire department list for the City of Newark.

Forum Member

of course its public you have to request it from dop. but they do charge you per page and it takes weeks to get it but i would wait to get a updated version. i think as they go threw the process names get taken off the lists. u can also look at dop's meeting minutes I think they meet twice a week. if you read that you can actually see how peoples name get removed off the promotional list and why. the info is out their you just have to look for it. by the way if the meeting min are right no mention of anybody from newark being removed and newark came out with their proposed budget for 2008 looks like their going to increase their current firefighter force by around 40 not to mention the promotions and retired people leaving so your looking at a good number of people out of this list I hope maybe 100 +++

Forum Member

Vetro/tony,

You guys are great, very informative and helpful during this long process.

Good luck to everyone trying to get on

Forum Member

No problem Dan....unfortunatly I failed section 2 of the "teamwork" portion of the exam as ya know, so I won't have the chance to join you guys in the department/academy. Just waiting for the next application to come out, hopefully i'll do better on this next exam and not read to much into the quesitons. Happy to provide any info or rumors that come my way :-)

Forum Member

Dan/Vetro/Tony,
    You guys are always on the ball when it comes to stuff and that is a very cool thing. The fact that you guys don't have to provide any of this information, but you do, speaks volumes about character.

Now, what in the world is going on with Jersey City? Are they known for moving at this slow pace or what exactly? I heard the last list they came out with, they had to go deep, deep, deep into the list, because of failed drug tests.

Forum Member

Default ac

fyi...

Atlantic city is sending 28 to the academy tomorrow morning. they got up to 33 or 34 on the list...

goodluck

Forum Member

Toxicity584: It really depends on a lot of factors, it could be the NJ DOP being swamped, could be Jersey City FD and/or Human Resources being swamped, or it could simpily be the fact that they are delaying the next class for budget reasons and are purposly going slow. I don't know the whole deal with Jersey City, would you mind posting roughly what number you are....how many certs letters were sent out....and what you've heard about the first academy class off this list (how many, when)..I'll try to validate the information for you.

SJD310: thanks for the info, not a high failure rate there it seems at all, good luck to those guys/girls.

Forum Member

i think for the most part the top people on the list are not screw ups so the 1 out of 2 ratio would not aply. I mean their people who have educational skills good reasoning skills and cared enough to get in shape and practiced for the physical. and if they where real smart they would resolve the residency issues and have moved to where the suppose to well in advanced of their submitted application... people like that obviously ranked high and your screw ups are found a little further down

Forum Member

Yep, as a department goes further down a list the the ratio gets quite high. Look at the Newark Police Department, every list i hear they exhaust it and have to wait for the next one to hire.

Forum Member

Default Nhrfr

Heard about 50 between this year and next year. Officers are still waiting for their contract after no having one for 5 years. Once that is done with the list I'm sure is going to move very fast. If your ahead of #44 on the list you;ll get put on

Forum Member

Killer,

Is this for Newark or North Hudson?

Forum Member

Default Nhrfr

Its for North Hudson Dan. Hopefully it happens soon. The wait is forever.

Forum Member

any word if they put in that vet class for newark ? its been over a month since they mailed out those cert letter right ?

Forum Member

From what I hear they are looking for a class of 15-20 and they are looking to put them on FAST, like in April'ish or so....I think they dipped into civilians to get the 15-20, not all are vets from what I hear. I think they went up to number 40 or so for the orientation, not 100% sure on that.

Forum Member

yes we all know now about the 15-20 in newark thats old news. people have know that since january. i want to know is did they put them in ? is their a class in training ? what number did they get to ?

Forum Member

My buddy did not go for the medical yet I do not think, you go for the medical pretty much only after you pass the background check. So no, don't think they officaly put them on.

Forum Member

Not sure how many are hired and starting class but the word is its close to 20 people. They went upto the 43rd or 44th person on the list.

Forum Member

so if your right then you mean the 20th person was the 44th person on the dop list for newark. or are you saying they mailed out 44 of those back ground packets ? or are you just using the 2:1 ratio being that they wanted around 20 so you think they went up to 40 havent heard anything this is news to me and rather good that it finaly moving along.
    Last edited by tonyda; 03-22-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Forum Member

tony,

Nah.. I don't know if itis exactly 20, but around 20... and not sure if its 44 or 43, or around that area... I don't know the exacts but I'm sure the accurate numbers will be out soon...

MembersZone Subscriber

Seems to me that if you summed up all of your collective posts, none of you know what the hell you're talking about.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Thread Information