Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousDan View Post
    George,

Be easy bro.. be easy. Nothing against volunteer firemen over here pal. I myself am a volunteer FF. Re-read my last paragraph carefully and you'll realize that I said "mostly considered..." You are, however, a whacker on this forum!!! :-)
    GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

"Hey guys! I got him good this time. Now he'll shut up and leave us alone! Hey did you hear that Newark was putting on 450 guys next week? Did you get a letter?"

Moron.

BTW, there is nothing in common that would allow you to call me "bro'".
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

"Hey guys! I got him good this time. Now he'll shut up and leave us alone! Hey did you hear that Newark was putting on 450 guys next week? Did you get a letter?"

Moron.

BTW, there is nothing in common that would allow you to call me "bro'".
    George,

Don't know what your game plan is, but you are obviously extremely ignorant, stubborn and arrogant. No, not speculation or rumor, but my opinion and I'm sure most other users here agree. Anyways, I don't care who you are or what your resume lists, you do nothing but talk crap and bash everyone no matter what they post. We try to post and share information here for everyone, and you always seem to interfere with negativity, especially when you can't back up you're posts when you attack someone for posting something that is false in your eyes.

And if you claim that I'm a moron, and an "anonymous whacker" then you are using wrong judgement and false speculation but I understand it's your opinion so its okay for you to think what you want. You know nothing about me and I can careless to know anything about you. We aren't impressed with your resume. Get the hint Georgie, I don't think many people here care to read what you have to say .... and don't flatter yourself, I wasn't calling you "bro" in a "brotherly" way.

tonyda/nvetro, I will PM you soon with some info

MembersZone Subscriber

Ignorant? Hardly. Stubborn and arrogant? Probably.

Don't want to read what I have to say? Don't read it. Seems to me that you all were the curious ones wanting to know who I was. It's also curious that I keep getting PM's from some of you seeking information. Hmmmmm.

And BTW, if I don't know your name, and you don't ID yourself, then you are, indeed, anonymous.

Forum Member

Anonymous yes, however, not a moron.

Forum Member

George why are you playing with the bubble gummers ?
    You know how the system works, They dont. You tried to set them on the
    right way and they dont listen let them go to bobby and robby and see
    if they can buy a badge.

Forum Member

buy a badge what are you talking about ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
    George why are you playing with the bubble gummers ?
    You know how the system works, They dont. You tried to set them on the
    right way and they dont listen let them go to bobby and robby and see
    if they can buy a badge.

We know how the system works, not entirely, but somewhat. George just seems to have a problem when some of us share information to others on the forum. Buy a badge? That's a funny comment, do you personally know George?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousDan View Post
    We know how the system works, not entirely, but somewhat. George just seems to have a problem when some of us share information to others on the forum. Buy a badge? That's a funny comment, do you personally know George?
    Never been to his house for milk and cookies,But worked with him on a few
    fires and the man does know what he is talking about.
    By the way if you ever get a job fighting fire and hear the words
    ""Stand up guy"" think of George cause he is one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
    Never been to his house for milk and cookies,But worked with him on a few
    fires and the man does know what he is talking about.
    By the way if you ever get a job fighting fire and hear the words
    ""Stand up guy"" think of George cause he is one.

Dash,

I'm sure he's great at what he does, but why is he the way he is on the forum? If we are sharing information about this hiring process, we get bashed and doesn't correct us, if we hear a rumor that is very close to being accurate and share it here, we get slammed for not knowing what we are talking about and thats annoying.

Some of us are really just trying to be helpful to each other, and it's not really cool when someone that probably knows more than us slams us for just trying to be helpful..

Forum Member

they went up to number 37 on the list i received way back in december. Their are two names that where not on the list i had requested. 12 where vets 6 civilans. the one woman who got in her brother is a firefighter
    Last edited by tonyda; 04-04-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    they went up to number 37 on the list i received way back in december. Their are two names that where not on the list i had requested. 12 where vets 6 civilans. the one woman who got in she the sister of the only other active newark woman firefighter.
    She is her sister? Wow thats a cool thing... do you know if she is a vet or civilian?

Forum Member

its say civilan pmed you dan
    Last edited by tonyda; 04-04-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    its say civilan pmed you dan
    Wow, she must have done super great on all 3 sections of testing... I know someone in the 40's that did very close to perfect on all 3 areas so for this female to do better she must have been super... I wonder how she scored on the physical

Forum Member

ooopss i miss understood the woman recruit she is not related to the other woman newark firefighter what i ment to say is that her brother is a newark firefighter

Forum Member

I hear they are starting the academy the 7th, not sure if its this month or next. I also heard 18 or 19 though I have the new NJDOP Newark FD list being mailed to me next week....i'll post the new info and compare with you Tonyda :-) See how many candidates they went through to get those 18/19.

Forum Member

i know i have the dop list the last recruit that got in was number 37 on the list i got back in december. the thing is that are 2 recruits that got in that did not show up on the list i have. i dont like the fact that the can add names to it. how many more names where added after i got my rank ? if the list is final well then it final if its not then dont release it.
    Last edited by tonyda; 04-04-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Forum Member

??????????

MembersZone Subscriber

You know Dash, you're right.

All you guys nned to go to www.eatstress.com. This is the premeire fire employment site on the net. The only way you are going to get "on the job" is to religiously follow every one of the Capt. Bob and FF Rob's directions. You need to make sure you buy every tape and CD, and attend at least one seminar. Remember, they have heled more people get FF jobs than any other human being on earth. The more stuff you buy, the more chance you have of getting "on the job". Go for it, kids.

Forum Member

Those classes do give you an advantage when it comes to civil service police and fire jobs. I know this for a fact, I know several people who took these prep courses and have gotten on the job in both police and fire. They have all told me if they did not take the course they would have went into the exam with a totally different mind set, and prob. not done as well.

Also a majority of those prep courses for fire give you not only in class tips and study guides but ALSO a physical agility prep course.....Not every town like Jersey City, Newark, etc... have a city run obstical course you can run weeks/months in advance before the exam to prepare, that alone is worth it.....

It's a tool to give you an advantage over random_candidate_005
    Last edited by NVetro; 04-05-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Forum Member

the website is no good for people who take the test in new jersey. It would be a bad idea to have to go thre a oral board in new jersey their is already enough coruption in the state. and those oral boards are all about favortisim

Thread Information