Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NFD973 View Post
    Dan, Jaxong, and Jack did u guys get fingerprinted yet?
    I did not get fingerprinted. But I did fill out the packets typed up and attended orientation. Did you go to orientation? If so, send me a private message.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousDan View Post
    I did not get fingerprinted. But I did fill out the packets typed up and attended orientation. Did you go to orientation? If so, send me a private message.
    Yeah I was at the orientation in Aug. I seen up to like 40 guys got fingerprinted so maybe another class will be put on.

Forum Member

Cool

Article in AC PRESS today says that the ACFD will hire this month. I wonder if this is some type of political move to force the city gov"s. hand. Did not see any quotes from the Mayor, BA or CC only statements from the FD Chief and safer grant personnel hmmmm....... guess we have to wait and see. I want this to be a positive developement can"t help but be suspicious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NFD973 View Post
    Yeah I was at the orientation in Aug. I seen up to like 40 guys got fingerprinted so maybe another class will be put on.
    They fingerprinted about 30. A few more extra incase something came back negative on anyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1 View Post
    Article in AC PRESS today says that the ACFD will hire this month. I wonder if this is some type of political move to force the city gov"s. hand. Did not see any quotes from the Mayor, BA or CC only statements from the FD Chief and safer grant personnel hmmmm....... guess we have to wait and see. I want this to be a positive developement can"t help but be suspicious.
    Nice! Good luck!!

Forum Member

Arrow

Thanxs! Now it is a watch and see?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1 View Post
    Thanxs! Now it is a watch and see?
    Looks great for you!!

http://www.firehouse.com/topic/fundi...20-safer-grant

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider01 View Post
    No offense jack but judging by your quick response to my post is it safe to asssume you did not make it in this current class.? I only bring it up cause if you where in the a academy right now it would not be a good idea to be texting during class
    Thanks for the tip but like I said earlier I am not disgussing my situation with anyone on this site. I would hope you can respect and understand that. I noticed some people backing away from this site so I'm taking that as a hint. Whether I'm in a class or not really is anyone's business anyway especially since we don't know each other. But I said I would give updates on things I hear and things I know. That should be good enough

Forum Member

To answer your guys question one person always drops out and it usually is on the first week.

Forum Member

In Newark I believe it starts at 37. What is the scale for AC?

Forum Member

Talking

I heard backgrounds are pretty much done in AC. I also heard that the academy starts on the 28th of this month. Things are looking on the up and up can't wait this is really happening. Feels good!

Forum Member

Cool

[QUOTE=usellout911;1303365]did they even call or come to your house?[/QUOT

Not yet..... i'm sure the bulk of the investigations are complete. A home visit for G.P. is in order. It is crunch time to meet the Nov. 28th deadline. I'm confident the this resent announcement to the public from the FD is the real deal. Things look like they will move fairly quickly.

Forum Member

Happy birthday eligibility list 4 years old today 11-08-2007

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    Happy birthday eligibility list 4 years old today 11-08-2007
    I thought I recalled getting mine on 11/02/07? Either way the NJ CSC told me the list's absolute last day it can be used is January 17, 2012 (unless it's extended by a federal judge), but the new list can still come out anytime before then,..

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by usellout911 View Post
    Phoenix has disappeared
    No way Bro. just alot going on spoke with the investigator he's making the rounds. Any word on hiring dates / academy? I've got ZILCH!

Forum Member

Talking

All of that should happen before Thanksgiving. Investigator stated his company had until TG to get backgrounds completed. Looking @ the calender it looks like the city gov. will have 2 days business days to let Trenton know if they will hire. Its looking really strong!

Forum Member

Cool

I've heard Nov.28th also from several sources. More than likely it is true. I've heard that they have to hire now. If they wait to certify the new list and everything else that goes with the process. They won't make the year dead line to use the safer grant which was approved in Feb. 2011 I believe. Everything feels surreal right now. I believe we have to be officially on the job before this deadline not in the academy.

Forum Member

Cool

I was just told to hold on to my seat beat because this process is about to move real fast.
    Does anyone have info regarding AC?

Forum Member

I just heard from Personnel that Newark doesn't plan to hire anymore ppl from the current list.

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by usellout911 View Post
    have u been drug tested yet or given your physical?
    I believe that will happen on the 25th because Ac has to get the names to trenton on the 28th. Everything has to come together in a few days once the investigations are done on the 23rd.

Thread Information