Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MNaps View Post
    ok thanks guys, also does the ranking go from 1 to all the way up into the 10,000s?
    correct...thats how it works.....remember...just because your 20th (for example) in one town doesnt mean your always going to be 20......if guys infront of you get hired else where it knocks them off other lists they are on for other places........

Forum Member

How many people do they usually call or send a letter to, if there gonna put on about 20 guys?

Forum Member

At least 50 cert letters for 20... What city u take it for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCHeights View Post
    At least 50 cert letters for 20... What city u take it for?
    I'm on patersons list

Forum Member

Default Volunteer points

What's the deal with volunteer points I didn't receive mine?

Forum Member

I got my results back and did pretty damn well. I also just heard from a reliable source (within the department) that they're going to be looking to hire somewhere between 5-10 firefighters in the immediate future, perhaps as early as February. If that figure of 5-10 is accurate, based on my rank, I'll definitely be getting a letter as soon as the hiring process begins.

The catch is that my current job has me overseas temporarily on a consulting gig. It will cost me an awful lot of money to fly home on very short notice but I'll obviously have to do it. I also don't know how much vacation time I'll need to use if I fly home.

Can anyone give me a run down of the "time line" of the hiring process? i.e. from the day you get your certification letter in the mail from the town, what happens? Do you have to respond in person at the station, or do you just have to mail something back? Then what? Generally speaking, how much advance notice do you get from that point until the actual in-person interview? How many "appointments" (i.e. interview, drug test, any orientation meetings, etc) would you expect to have before the hiring process is official?

Firefighting is my dream job - but I obviously don't want to jeapordize my current job until I'm officially hired. Any help you guys could give me in planning out how to fly home, time I'll need to budget for the process, etc, would really be a huge help.

Forum Member

Default North Hudson

I'm #64 in kearny and in harrison and #130 for North Hudson with Vet Status. I though I would be much higher with my scores but it is what it is. Anyone know is these are good rankings to be at? Its my first time on a list and if so how long would it be for a response?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MPayret85 View Post
    I'm #64 in kearny and in harrison and #130 for North Hudson with Vet Status. I though I would be much higher with my scores but it is what it is. Anyone know is these are good rankings to be at? Its my first time on a list and if so how long would it be for a response?
    As a vet, you shouldve moved to a city like Newark or jersey city to insure an appointment. now you are on lists with thousands of other people, because these departments hire from many different towns. But with that said 64 still isn't bad

Forum Member

Does anyone have any info about certs. When I get get my first notification letter, will it be from the state or city?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob84 View Post
    Does anyone have any info about certs. When I get get my first notification letter, will it be from the state or city?
    the initial will be from the state, just like your letter for your ranking i think.

Forum Member

Paterson jus hired 22, any news on newark or jersey city?

MembersZone Subscriber

Paterson is in the process of hiring. Backgrounds still have to be done. The number could be between 16 and up to 25 or so.

Forum Member

Paterson just started the hire process, no one is hired yet, but i hear they're lookin for 26. I'm going to the preliminary debriefing on Monday.

Forum Member

anybody hear any info on City of Linden?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmigs View Post
    anybody hear any info on City of Linden?
    I got a buddy who is a Union FF. I remember him stating that Union is close to hiring (if they havent already) and I am almost positive he said Linden was in the mix too.

Im awaiting for Bloomfield to hire at the end of the month. Hiring 6 and I am "sitting pretty". 27th is the supposed swear in date with rumored academy on March 1st but it may be in house. The state has 3 weeks from today to send the damn certs to us. They have 3 weeks to do interviews, backgrounds, medical, psych......im getting anxious as all hell here. FDNY exam is on St Pattys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShawDizzle View Post
    I got a buddy who is a Union FF. I remember him stating that Union is close to hiring (if they havent already) and I am almost positive he said Linden was in the mix too.

Im awaiting for Bloomfield to hire at the end of the month. Hiring 6 and I am "sitting pretty". 27th is the supposed swear in date with rumored academy on March 1st but it may be in house. The state has 3 weeks from today to send the damn certs to us. They have 3 weeks to do interviews, backgrounds, medical, psych......im getting anxious as all hell here. FDNY exam is on St Pattys
    Linden, union, and hillside just graduated 8 each.

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything about JCFD.. Thought they were supposed to hire 26+ with the extra grant money

Forum Member

Did anyone hear anything about east orange and if they were hiring?

Forum Member

Has paterson hired yet ?

Forum Member

No one is hiring! Move on....

Thread Information