Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3037383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

Not true nwkdc, jersey city is putting on at least 30 guys last I heard...and Paterson is a definite for hirin, they got there certs already. Only thing that sucks with ptown is that u gotta ride the bus.

Forum Member

Any clue on what's going on with all the departments that got the safer grant. It's been almost 10 months since Newark was awarded a grant that would cover salary and benefits for 75 new firefights for 2 years Why have they only hired 25. I was told that they are losing money by the day for the simple fact they are not putting that money to use. Dosent even look like they will hire the rest by the time the new safer awards will be awarded i hope the government at this point makes a example of these departments by taking there money away and then have them answere to the people. Asto why a department applies for a grant is awarded it and then chose not to hire 50 of its residents with good paying jobs

Forum Member

After listening to Mayor Booker speech last night I came t o the conclusion th at Newark is broke. Ther is no way police or firefighters will be taking pay cuts like he has/ will suggest they do. Cops turned down the pay cut last time and newark fd was saved by having to choose between layoffs or paycuts by guys retiring To save the city As for the Grant they are going to let the grant money go to waist. It's already going to waist since they had a certain amount of time to hire al 75 and they only hired 25. And another grant rule was they must maintaine the same staffing levels and Newark will clearly not reach that goal and thus losing more future grant money. If you applied for Newark fd like I did you in deep do do

Forum Member

Knightrider01 you never know know man....have patience....its a long process....Has anyone heard anything about Kearny? Jersey City? Bloomfield? West Orange?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Jersey City

Jersey City is putting on 38 firefighters 78 notices were sent out last friday and were in the candidates mailboxes yesterday. Good luck to those who received a letter! Also North Hudson sent out notices not sure on how many they are hiring though.
    Last edited by LeatherneckFF; 03-13-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: wrong day

Forum Member

Any input on where the best chances are to get hired? I think this year the civil service opens up again? Places like Hoboken, Hillside, Maplewood, Hackensack? JC?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hookandbar View Post
    Any input on where the best chances are to get hired? I think this year the civil service opens up again? Places like Hoboken, Hillside, Maplewood, Hackensack? JC?
    I doubt the test will open up this year. especially when the last test just became active in December. With the past two test it seems as if the test have lasted about 3-4 yrs before a new one is established. Hackensack has been hiring. Just hired first person off the list and started this week. Its a smaller dept, about 100 guys, so your not gonna get tons of retirements and hires. The city seems pretty good on if someone does retire then someone will be hired in his spot from a news article I read about when there were promotions. The last test hired about 17 guys over its life. This test probably won't be that high but might be 10 overall maybe 15 depending on how long the list stays active for.

Big things might happen where places have contracts coming up and senior guys retire or not.

Forum Member

Are there any cities or towns who use the chiefs test system?

Forum Member

I know Englewood does i think cherry hill did too but not sure about others.

MembersZone Subscriber

good luck LeatherneckFF !

Forum Member

How many names u think JC will go through to get 38? Heard the first 40 on the list are vets

Forum Member

I don't think Kearny or Harrison will be hiring in the meantime as well. I believe Kearny is losing another 7 guys due to retirements but I don't think they will be replaced as of yet.

I spoke to a Newark FF towards the end of February and he stated Newark is putting on 50. Most likely will get through 100 names. I didn't go into depth with the conversation so I'm not sure of the particulars. I'm not one to start rumors here, but it is what was told to me by what I consider a reliable source since I know the FF fairly well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kpsummit View Post
    good luck LeatherneckFF !
    You too kpsummit hope to meet you!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JCHeights View Post
    How many names u think JC will go through to get 38? Heard the first 40 on the list are vets
    First 40 are vets not sure how many guys they will go through though. This list should be a good one to be on for Jersey City this time since they have to maintain a certain number in the department to keep getting the max funding from the SAFER grant. Good luck

Forum Member

Leatherneck are you a vet? I'm top 60 non vet, praying they hit my number this first class. Also what was up with civil service messing up the certs?

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything about Bayonne. I heard they are looking to bring on 12 guys. I am high 20's on the list. Do you think they will get that far to get to me. I also believe there are not many vets on the top of the list either.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JCHeights View Post
    Leatherneck are you a vet? I'm top 60 non vet, praying they hit my number this first class. Also what was up with civil service messing up the certs?
    Yes I am a vet, you have a shot in this first class, if not then hopefully you will be in the next class, rumor has it there is going to be alot of retirements soon. Goodluck

Forum Member

Hey JCHeights, Just curious...

What kind of score get you about #60 on this list. I did 90.1xx and I'm wondering if that would have put me next to you. I'm thinking about actually taking this test seriously the next time if I happen to be living in JC/Newark/etc. I'm in South Jersey at the moment.

A ballpark would give me an idea what to expect. Thanks.

Forum Member

Think it was a 93... Your score would have probably got you top 120 in Newark/jc

Forum Member

Thought I would bring this thread back to the top almost a full year now since Newark got free grant money to hire 75 guys any clue whats the hold up only 25 Got hired off a old list . You now have a new list with top scoring guys on it and still no hiring. What's wrong with Newark?

Thread Information