Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344 LastLast

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

Anyone have any information regarding clifton or bergenfield fire department certifications or hiring???????

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything new regarding any departments in NJ???

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything new regarding any departments in NJ???

Forum Member

almost all the departments have started or are finishing their academies now

Forum Member

Anyone put in for Evesham? Non civil service, just got my letter. Curious about testing process...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterCanididate1 View Post
    Anyone put in for Evesham? Non civil service, just got my letter. Curious about testing process...

The process is still the same, written test, physical agility, and interview/background. Just more gray area not being civil service (hopefully they don't have one of their volunteers already slotted for the spot). Good luck.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Any news on any towns in north jersey and what rank are they up to?!?!?!?!

Forum Member

Police extended the list already, next announcement for them is 5/2013. Anyword on if fire will do the same or not?

Forum Member

Has any one heard anything about departments hiring in NJ?

Forum Member

gggggggggggg
    Last edited by usellout911; 09-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Forum Member

Looks like Bayonne got the SAFER grant and is hiring 18. Quick question if anyone could help. Im currently late 20's on the list. I know its not mandatory to have an EMT certification, but would it help my chances if I try to get one before they hire?

Forum Member

They will pay you to go to it; I'd assume. I believe all new hires (atleast in some depts) have EMT. I have worked in Bayonne and most new guys have EMT. I would worry about fitness and keeping out of trouble.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterCanididate1 View Post
    They will pay you to go to it; I'd assume. I believe all new hires (atleast in some depts) have EMT. I have worked in Bayonne and most new guys have EMT. I would worry about fitness and keeping out of trouble.
    Thanks for the feedback. Just hope a few guys bounce off the list so I can get on.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything about Newark?

Forum Member

I see on the civil service website that it is expected there will be a new test process starting in 2014. Is there any chances it will get pushed back and let these lists be used more? Can someone send me a PM about residency requirements and how it all works?. Any info would be great.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hookandbar View Post
    I see on the civil service website that it is expected there will be a new test process starting in 2014. Is there any chances it will get pushed back and let these lists be used more? Can someone send me a PM about residency requirements and how it all works?. Any info would be great.
    It prob. wont get pushed back because the application and testing process takes so long but they will prob. extend the current list through 2014 maybe till 2015. Also, Residency is very important. make sure you have an address change, drivers license, lease contract, bills, ect.. of whatever city your applying for at least a month before the application closing date.. as of right now you need to be declared a resident by that date. but thats always subject to change. so i would move or establish proof now. so that you cover your butt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay1son View Post
    Looks like Bayonne got the SAFER grant and is hiring 18. Quick question if anyone could help. Im currently late 20's on the list. I know its not mandatory to have an EMT certification, but would it help my chances if I try to get one before they hire?
    If bayonne requires you to be EMT-B then they will provide you with that training during your academy and will pay for it. Also, becoming an EMT-B on your own will not help jump the list at all.. the hire according to the list and dont deviate from it unless someone disqualifies.

Forum Member

Can anyone explain how the SAFER grant works with retention levels? Say a grant is issued to hire 10 guys and the total city level goes from 120 to 130. If guys retire, does the city have to hire more to get back to that 130 to keep the grant money?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bay1son View Post
    Can anyone explain how the SAFER grant works with retention levels? Say a grant is issued to hire 10 guys and the total city level goes from 120 to 130. If guys retire, does the city have to hire more to get back to that 130 to keep the grant money?

As far as I know SAFER money is only provided to fill X amount of vacancies. Whatever number of vacancies the grant is issued for, let's say 10, is all the grant will cover. So any retirements after that point would be a whole new hiring process. They would either have to come up with money themselves to fill those spots, or apply for a new SAFER grant for the additional vacancies. Hope that helps.

Thread Information