Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

Tonyda,

I was told the same after I completed my physical test... the guy from the DOP said results will start being released sometime in September, however, everyone statewide should know their results and ranking no later than Halloween...

Default Test Results

Waiting for these results is nothing short of painful! Anyone take the test for North Hudson Regional Fire & Rescue? I think they just hired 15 off the old list. OUCH!

Forum Member

Painful it is!!! Even knowing that we are just a few weeks away from getting our over all score results and rank # makes it even harder.

That sucks they hired 15 from the old list in North Hudson..... the Newark situation isn't getting any easier for me to hope much, considering Newark is going through major lay offs in mostly city desk-jobs.. don't know how this will affect the city from hiring police and fireman...

I had read in the paper about the lay-offs in Newark. Although, you guys have the biggest department in the state which should increase your chances!

Also, I've read on these posts that anything under 3:05 on the physical and you get 100 percent. While that may be correct, I was told by a head guy at the DOP that anything under 2:45 gets you the 100 percent. While I crossed the line in the armory at 2:42, I'm still worried about that situational judgement nightmare and the number of veterans! Those two factors are going to be interesting! Best of luck to everyone!

Forum Member

I don't think it looks good for Newark either. They are probably not going to hire for at least another year or two, if that. Especially after all the hiring that was done last year. 118+ guys are a lot of individuals. I think Newark kind of pulled a North Hudson themselves by slipping that last class in. I was hoping that wasn't going to happen but congratulations to everyone that did get on.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have two questions....when is north hudson giving another test? How strict are their investigations for residency?

Default NH Questions

1. Applications for North Hudson's next test will be issued in the Spring of 2008 according to the NJDOP.

2. "I believe" residency rules are as follows: you must hold residency in the jurisdiction in which you are applying, from the date you apply "until" the date you are appointed. I know of a few guys who were dismissed because their residency didn't check out. So yes, they do check!

Some Guy

4 years and hard
    This space for rent

Forum Member

I heard North Hudson had a hard time getting those 15 guys. My friend is on Squad 2 and he said that Jersey city also had a tough time getting guys because of the hair sample drug test. Question, for NHRFD you have to be a resident of one of the five towns correct? He was telling me you only had to be a resident of the county.

MembersZone Subscriber

Whetehr its true or not I dont know. I heard some people recieved their scores today. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Forum Member

i hope people got their score back. but me and my friend havent goten anything as of yet.

Forum Member

For North Hudson, you have to live in either: Guttenberg, North Bergen, Weehawken, West New york, or Union City at the moment unless them absorb another town which nothing has been made official. North Hudson Regional Fire & Rescue is considered a county fire department and the Hudson County Prosecutors Office does the background investigation so it is prob more in depth then most local departments. Make sure everything is in line.

No scores are out yet, buddy of mine called DOP and they said they are pushing back the scores to sometime in October, which was the original date anyway.

Forum Member

dop needs more time to adjust the test results. All those thst were worried about how quick you need to do the physical in,this is why i said do not worry about that. I know guys from the last test that were under 3:00 minutes and were so far down on the list they never saw the job. I know women who did it in almost five minutes and got hired. The dop screws with the list till they get there numbers. I would not be surprised to see the list held up till almost november

Forum Member

Default NJ DOP Status Report

ENTRY LEVEL FIREFIGHTER

Firefighter announcement was issued on May 1, 2006. The Firefighterís written exam was administered in December 2006. Physical performance testing has been completed. Physical performance test make-ups will take place as needed. List issuance is projected for October 2007.

http://www.state.nj.us/personnel/pub...ATUSREPORT.pdf

Forum Member

Anyone get anything?

Forum Member

Nope.. not yet... I have friends all over the state that took the test and no one has received anything...

Forum Member

I heard from two people that we should get our results back this week or next week.

MembersZone Subscriber

I heard we wont see scores until at least the end of the month

Forum Member

May the long anticipated wait CONTINUE!!

I called the DOP for status and was told that notifications are pushed back to November.. Not sure if it was just a brush-off considering they are getting calleda lot, or if in fact its true... whatever the case, life moves on

Forum Member

Default N.h.r.f.r

North Hudson hired 7 new members today making that 12 total from when the list was to expire. If your still on the list hope that the new one does not come out for sometime.

Thread Information