Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey

Forum Member

Right from the DOP website:

"The Firefighter examination test results will be in the mail on November 1, 2007. Please allow until Wednesday November 7, 2007 for receipt of your test results. If your mailing address has changed since application, please contact our Information Center at 609-292-4144 for assistance."

Good luck to everyone!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default NJ results

Results are in.

Forum Member

i dindnt get anyhting yet my mailman is slow i guess . what you guys get my buddy ranked 274 in newark with a time of 3:17 he's a little upset

Forum Member

Cool

i ranked in the low 120's in a.c. did it in 3:29. I have a friend in camden did it in 4:04 ranked 35. It all has to do with the biodata/personality portion of the test. The times are all banded and banded very close. I know people were all worried about 3:00 and under , but in reality if you did it in 3:06 and 4:00 you got the same score. This is how they skew the numbers and get the results the justice department wants.
    The only good thing is that althought alot of people take the test ,alot get hit on the background,because the recruitng that is being done is to get as many people as they can. The quality isn't there.
    In the low 120's in A.C. I will still make it in the second class,there ratio is about 1for every 3 and the projected hiring is for 90 guys. Good luck to all and stay with it.
    Last edited by deco2012; 11-04-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Forum Member

I unfortunantly got a ranking of 118 for Newark. I highly doubt that Newark will be going up that high on the list especially after putting so many guys on the past few years. They probably will put one class on with roughly 30 to 40 guys and that will be it.

I am assuming this will probably happen but who really knows.

Has anyone heard of any info relating to what the Newark fire department's plans are for the next couple of years?

What really screwed my numbers was that damn video scenario part of the examination. However, the numbers I did calculate after all the testing was done was pretty much on point believe it or not. My average score was 90.18. I posted the average so it might give you all a better rundown where everyone is landing with there rankings.

Does anyone know how many vets are on the Newark list?

Man, I jumped all over the place with this reply. I am still not thinking clearly because of that **** ranking.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by deco2012 View Post
    i ranked 122 in a.c. did it in 3:29. I have a friend in camden did it in 4:04 ranked 35. It all has to do with the biodata/personality portion of the test. The times are all banded and banded very close. I know people were all worried about 3:00 and under , but in reality if you did it in 3:06 and 4:00 you got the same score. This is how they skew the numbers and get the results the justice department wants.
    The only good thing is that althought alot of people take the test ,alot get hit on the background,because the recruitng that is being done is to get as many people as they can. The quality isn't there.
    At 122 in A.C. I will still make it in the second class,there ratio is about 1for every 3/4 and the projected hiring is for 90 guys. Good luck to all and stay with it.
    How much worse can this state get. The civil service system is an absolute joke. If you don't live in a jurisdiction you dont stand a chance at ever seeing the job. And on top of that they only test once every 2 years. They need to get on board with the rest of the country, and let each jurisdiction or city give their own exam, without the residency nonsense. I agree residents should get priority on the list no question about that. But the only reason the residency requirement exists in New Jersey is to protect the "minorities" bottom line. And the Dept. Of Justice will ensure that it happens. The bottom line is regardless of how well you did on the test, the Department of Justice will screw with the #'s, until they get their quota. They will screw with the #'s and change rankings on the list. Very unfair, and just because someone lives in a county without a paid jurisdiction, dosen't mean they shouldnt be given the same chance at the job as everyone else. Enough with the affirmative action, and "consent decree" nonsense in this state. Lets just leave the biodata section of the application blank, and have everyone compete equally regardless of race, sex etc. we all know this is how it works on the civil service exam in the state. The whole system needs a revamp.

Forum Member

Default got my score

everyone is so hung up on their physical time. I ran it in 3:18 and came out 27 on North hudson out of 209 that passed. this is with 17 vets in front. Guys have to be well rounded.
    Good luck to the rest of you guys

Forum Member

Default got my scores

came out 27 for north hudson. anyone else take the test for north hudson??

Forum Member

sdfvsdvsdvsdvsdv
    Last edited by joeywithay; 11-07-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Forum Member

svsdvsbgsfbsbs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killertrombone1 View Post
    came out 27 for north hudson. anyone else take the test for north hudson??
    hey killer, i ranked 60 for north hudson with a finalaverage of 89430 and ran the course in 3:11... so being that my rank is 60, what do you think my chances are? i heard rumors that north hudson is hiring about 50 guys, if that's the case then my chances are good right? cause a lot of people get disqualified, disqualify themselves for whatever reason, what do you think?

Forum Member

Like my man said they are looking for well rounded people, not some juiced up meathead that can do great at physical activities but is dumb as a rock. Residency is a must because us poor b@st@rds that live in these crappy cities to get the jobs shouldn't be competing with the entire state. I definitly don't agree with consent decree because it is nothing more than a legality that has nothing to do with the job.

Everyone lets just remain optomistic and hope some of these old guys take a buyout or something or people fail the drug test HAIR SAMPLES MY FRIENDS!
    At least we are on the list, those poor b@st@rds that didn't even pass the written/video aren't on any list.

Anyone else on the list for JC????

Forum Member

i read that 132 guys where hired from the last list. and that last class that got in really shouldnt have but because their where a lot of relatives (16) of firefighters they made 3 classes. This being what a firefighter at the practice center told me that you could count on 2 classes one in march is what i heard. so lets say 35 in each so 70 firefighters with the 2 to 1 ratio u would have to rank in the 140 's to have a shot so "masterkille your siting pretty at 118 i think you will get in that 2nd class . anybody else get their score i think they messed up on mine still havent received anything i plan to give them a call wed if i still havent received anything

Default Received the Letter!

A little dissapointed, but i tried my best. (That's what counts, right?)
    Anyway, my best rankings are for Bellevile (178) and Newark (110).

My obstacle time was 2:52

Any of you guys received your rankings?

Forum Member

fgsrgwgdsvsvsv

Default Disapointed...

What's up guys! I got my letter on Saturday (11/3). I am disappointed; I expected better rankings. I feel like my hard work was for nothing. My best ranks are for Belleville(178) and Newark (110).

MembersZone Subscriber

Anybody ranked for Jersey City?

Forum Member

Anyone on the list for Jersey City????

Forum Member

Default Keep your head up!

I scored well under 100 in the double-digits and am pretty happy where I'm at. Probably won't make the 1st class, however, the 2nd class is where I will most likely get a call for.

Guys in the 100-150 range, be aware that the last class of 30 that was hired from the previous list, they went through 100 recruits to get that 30... keep your head up...

Rumors are that there are always a ton of people on every list that are non-residents that get weeded out quickly, also, background checks will also bump alot of people off the list, making your chances of getting on even better. All I can recommend now is, keep your nose clean and stay out of trouble until you get the call!! Don't drink & drive!!

Forum Member

HazardousDan,

Can I snag your email address? I have a quick question for ya about the testing process.

Thread Information