Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry to hear that NVetro. Unfortunatley, quite a few places in NJ are like that.

Forum Member

George,

Badmouth? Are you serious? heh..

Forum Member

AC will start invstigations this saturday...projected class date march 3rd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HazardousDan View Post
    George,

Badmouth? Are you serious? heh..
    Ignore George Wendt, AKA Norm. He likes to play "gotcha". He takes what you post and tries to make it out to be something it's not so he can tell you how smart he thinks he is and how wrong you are. To even think you were badmouthing people is ridiculous. Norm, get some critical & analytical thinking skills, then you'll understand some of the posts you reply to and hopefully that will stop you from looking like an idiot. Pray this clown is not in law enforcement or position of any kind of authority. He obviously has a gigantic EGO and isn't afraid to show it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    Ignore George Wendt, AKA Norm. He likes to play "gotcha". He takes what you post and tries to make it out to be something it's not so he can tell you how smart he thinks he is and how wrong you are. To even think you were badmouthing people is ridiculous. Norm, get some critical & analytical thinking skills, then you'll understand some of the posts you reply to and hopefully that will stop you from looking like an idiot. Pray this clown is not in law enforcement or position of any kind of authority. He obviously has a gigantic EGO and isn't afraid to show it.
    Hey Skippy, just FYI, I use my critical thinking and analytical skills everyday in my highly succesful career as a full-time fire invvestigator. Then I use them again at night as an adjunct instructor at a college fire science program. And, it just so happens that I have retired from a very succesful 20 year career as a law enforcement officer who was assigned full-time to investigate fires for 17 of those years. THEN I used them to complete my Bachelors of Science in Fire Science. It still leves me time to socilaize with fire investigators from urban FD's in North JErsey.

My point in all of this, is that I had very little time for Clown College and I would never want to take credit for something that I did not do.

Ego? Not really. I just am usually right and I enjoy calling people on their idiocy when they post something that is clearly wrong and they are trying to sound smart. It's a hobby.

If you have any more insight you'd love to share, since you know me so well, poease feel free to call me in the office at your convenience, 973-927-0728.
    PROUD, HONORED AND HUMBLED RECIPIENT OF THE PURPLE HYDRANT AWARD - 10/2007.

Forum Member

your know George, I pictured you as having more hair on your head.....

http://www.firearson.com/contacts/committee.asp?cid=12

btw, you have a huge ego. Don't pretend you don't. Not that it isn't sometimes justified, but you do have one. and contrary to what you think, you aren't always right......
    Last edited by DrParasite; 01-28-2008 at 10:45 PM.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post
    your know George, I pictured you as having more hair on your head.....

http://www.firearson.com/contacts/committee.asp?cid=12

btw, you have a huge ego. Don't pretend you don't. Not that it isn't sometimes justified, but you do have one. and contrary to what you think, you aren't always right......
    I'm pretty sure I said "usually right". And I have zero problem with admitting I'm wrong when I am wrong.

It figures that a person's hair would be the thing that matters to you.

Forum Member

Default wtf

this is so stupid, i don't wanna read about your petty arguments. im sorry, i don't mean to be a dick, but this is the ONLY forum i know of for any source of information based on specifics of the hiring process in new jersey and i wanna read information about that. i don't wanna read about some guy on an ego trip and others boosting his ego, or unnessecary child like comments about his hair. that's just my opinion

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by joeywithay View Post
    this is so stupid, i don't wanna read about your petty arguments. im sorry, i don't mean to be a dick, but this is the ONLY forum i know of for any source of information based on specifics of the hiring process in new jersey and i wanna read information about that. i don't wanna read about some guy on an ego trip and others boosting his ego, or unnessecary child like comments about his hair. that's just my opinion
    Ask an intelligent question and I will do my best to give you an answer.

Forum Member

i agree with you joey. this is not the place to be tough and argue, regardless of your past experience. Many people use this as a place of information, please post relevant topics to nj.

such as..

how many people are in a training class for atlantic city.?

Forum Member

Agreed completely joey.

Forum Member

My cousin is a ff and jersey city along with his father as well, and I heard from the both that there have been rumblings of combining the departments together. I.E. Bayonne, Jersey City, Hoboken etc. becoming one big department. Of course, I don't know if this is true or not, but I would in a way hope that they do it, I mean would it not mean more jobs for the rest of us trying to get on?

Forum Member

Thumbs down Disappointed...

I thought this was the place to go for the latest breaking news. How come I am the first to post that the Notification of Certification letters are out for Newark?

Forum Member

any updates on newark ? i know Booker is going to dump a lot of money into the police dep this year. but what about the firefighters ?

Forum Member

Smile newark

notification of certification letters went out on the 5th of feb.

Forum Member

to : Toxicity584

i found this article in response to your post on departments merging and why it would never happen http://www.northjersey.com/news/berg...n_arrival.html

Forum Member

Never say never, North Bergen, Guttenberg, West New York, Weehawken, and Union City (most densly populated city in the state) all merged to become North Hudson Regional Fire & Resue (county regional fire department), and i'm not talking about small 20 man departments, these departments were large and quite busy. Jersey City, Hoboken, and Bayonne are also in Hudson County, so never say never.

Forum Member

Default letter of certification

Attention Newark Candidates:
    did anyone else receive the letter of certification from the state? It was dated February 5,2008. It said you had to go and send a letter to the city Administrator letting him know of your decision to pursue the position or not.
    Does anyone know what this means. Is it a good thing or what?

Forum Member

Yeah North Hudson mergered and there were big problems with the pay scale. Bayonne has a horrible budget problem that they need to fix before doing anything with the FD. 2 Bayonne Councilmen actually proposed making the dept combo paid/volley! Besides regional depts work when you combined small depts (i.e. NHRFD), for bigger cities like JC and Bayonne it's not good for people looking top get on the job because regionalizing = consolidating, closing firehouses and disbanding companies. Fire departments are big burdens on city government who has to come up with the funding.

Forum Member

my another problem with the newark dept list are the vets. iam all for some vets getting extra points but shouldnt they have two different lists
    Last edited by tonyda; 02-19-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Forum Member

There are 32 vets (position 1 to 32) ranked on the Newark FD list? This is news to me.

Forum Member

Default ?

ok, so its february 12, im just wondering if anyone has any idea when we are going to hear anything about the classes, or our background checks or certs... or anything at all... does anyone know any information on north hudsons hiring process and how many people they are gonna hire and when?

MembersZone Subscriber

ok, so its february 12, im just wondering if anyone has any idea when we are going to hear anything about the classes, or our background checks or certs... or anything at all... does anyone know any information on north hudsons hiring process and how many people they are gonna hire and when?
    I'm wondering the same thing about Jersey City, they just promoted 27 captains which leaves that many entry level firefighter spots to be filled. That was a couple weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything. I already got a letter from Harrison but declined the position so I can go for JCFD. We just have to wait and see what happens I know this is a long nerve racking process but it will all pay off in the end. Goodluck

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tonyda View Post
    my another problem with the newark dept list are the vets. iam all for some vets getting extra points but some guys on their i just dont know about like the top two guys if you went by their avg score they would have been ranked in 280's and i think the very last vet who ranked 32 should have been rank 656 out of 676 eligiable i just dont know about people like that. and i understand they risked a lot for are country. but to be ranked that low they must have barley passed all three test making them a liablity on the job.
    I have to agree with you somewhat, I don't think that the teamwork or the written test should affect the vets status, if they just barley pass they should still go to the top of the list, that part of the test does not have anything to do with the job. Also you have to agree that the vets come from a military backround and are very well disciplined and know how to follow orders and will fit in better than your average guy or gal, since the fire department is a paramilitary organization. However since a job of a firefighter is very physically challenging there should be a time limit the vets have to finish by. I think the normal cutoff was 5 min or something like that for the vets it should be in the 3:30 range. I am a veteran and I pride myself on what the military has taught me about leadership, discipline, chain of command and most importantly physical fitness. In my opinion the veterans should be held to much higher physical fitness standards than the rest of the group, but we all know someone will complain and say its unfair so I dont see that changing. Goodluck to everyone and hopefully we will hear something soon

Whats going on guys? I'm new to this forum and have only been following for the last couple of days. Im also a hudson country resident and like all you guys, extremely impatient. It would be nice if this whole process went a little faster. I was just curious to see where everyone stood as far as the hiring process. Leatherneck: you say you passed up Harrison? If you dont mind, what number on the list were you? do you have any idea where they might end? if anyone has any information on any other towns, please share. thanks a lot guys. Good luck

Thread Information