MembersZone Subscriber

Default Urban Interface Pumpers

I know all about using the search to find past posts on this topic, but that wouldn't really help me with a NEW apparatus.......would it???

My department is currently trying to spec out a Urban Interface Pumper. We want all of the bang we can get for the fewest bucks, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any manufacturers who are on the cutting edge designing this type of apparatus? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg803 View Post
    I know all about using the search to find past posts on this topic, but that wouldn't really help me with a NEW apparatus.......would it???

My department is currently trying to spec out a Urban Interface Pumper. We want all of the bang we can get for the fewest bucks, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any manufacturers who are on the cutting edge designing this type of apparatus? Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.
    Take a look at the ( Rosenbauer ) Timber Wolf pumper! Also Kme Fire Apparatus has two GMC 4x4 mini pumper demo's for sale built on a 2 door & 4 door GMC 5500 chassis.
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 02-15-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    Take a look at the ( Rosenbauer ) Timber Wolf pumper! Also Kme Fire Apparatus has two GMC 4x4 mini pumper demo's for sale built on a 2 door & 4 door GMC 5500 chassis.
    If you need bang for the buck, Rosenbauer is a good choice. They recently sold about 250 rigs to the park service.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

MembersZone Subscriber

I have to agree with the others. I would definately look into the Rosenbauer Timberwolf. They usually put them on an International 4 door chassis. Is what sets the Timberwolf apart from others is the Rosenbauer normal/high pressure pump which gives pump and roll capabilities in forward/neutral/reverse. They also have their own mechanical foam system which works real well with the pump.

Don't take my word for it, call your local rep and see if they can set a demo up for you. I think you will be just as impressed as I was.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    Take a look at the ( Rosenbauer ) Timber Wolf pumper!
    Yes, I like the fact that Rosenbauer has made a full-blown interface rig standard with a (1,000gpm) rear-mount pump.

MembersZone Subscriber

DISCLAIMER - I sell Rosenbauer now, so take that how you will.

Like FyredUp, my department purchased some rigs from the company I now sell for prior to my being employed by them.

We have an U/WI rig that Rosenbauer built for us. We're very pleased with it, and I would be happy to send you specs and a drawing. I can't sell to you in New Mexico - so that's all it would be is some info. Send me a PM if you're interested. There are some things that I think Rosenbauer can do to set themselves apart for the competition on such a rig, but let's let your local Rosenbauer representation sell you the truck.

Hope I didn't stick my neck out here too much, if someone has a problem, let me know and I'll edit my post.

Also like Bltizfire said, we have a 1,000 gpm pump, and you can now go to 1,250 and still be pump and roll depending on how you option the rig.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy But...oh no!

npfd, PLEASE do not sell any of these:

http://www.rosenbaueramerica.com/Cla...ORT_PUMPER.pdf

And please tell Rosenbauer that they need to discontinue plans for their production NOW!

Ok....back to the Timberwolf....a nice rig....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzfireSolo View Post

And please tell Rosenbauer that they need to discontinue plans for their production NOW!
    OMG!!! A transport pumper? How many hospital E.D. overhangs will need to be replaced after being run into with that thing?
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm a facilitator (isn't that what drug dealers say too?) I don't even try to pretend to know what some departments need for an apparatus that will fit their specific operations will be, until I sit and meet with them and understand that department's "way of life." But I actually had a customer look at the concept somewhat seriously, and if they found a need for it - who am I to tell them they're wrong? It gets tricky for us sales drones...

I don't know all the details, but I know of at least one other builder that has also proposed a similar concept, because there was at least one department seriously interested in the idea. I'm not talking about the already completed units by Seagrave, E-One etc. either...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Here is what we run.....

I tried to attach the pics here, not sure exactly how to do that though.... I've tried everything I can see..... A lil' bit of help would be greatly appreciated.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Is it saying the file size is too large?

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Attachment 11283

Attachment 11284

Attachment 11285

I figured it out.... it was my pop-up blocker........

The first two are from my Paid-Call Department and the last one is from No. California...... I think it's the best, personally...... only a lil' more heigth would be nice.
    Last edited by mikeyboy; 03-17-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    Attachment 11283

Attachment 11284

Attachment 11285

I figured it out.... it was my pop-up blocker........

The first two are from my Paid-Call Department and the last one is from No. California...... I think it's the best, personally...... only a lil' more heigth would be nice.
    Is the first photo a IH/KME apparatus ?

Forum Member

This is a Pierce, really nice apparatus, but they dont come cheap....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Mikeboy

What did that first rig cost?

Looks like a good setup.

Forum Member

This is what we use, Isuzu cab/chassis, 4x4, Waterous pump, 500 GPM.

Not to bad, does the job, puts the wet stuff on the hot stuff, has a good burnover protection.

Feel free to ask questions.

(photo courtesy of Ozfire)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzfireSolo View Post

Wow. For the longest time we have had fire trucks that do a little bit of EMS. Now we have ambulances that do a little firefighting! I'd seen "transport" engines before, but none were ambulances in fire trucks' clothing. What's this got, a 10 gallon water tank?

I am still trying to think why this would be a good idea. No luck yet, must require an operational reality I have not yet seen. After they get the water back on it and attach a 75' midmount stick, what do you call it? You know what comes after Quad and Quint, right? HEX!! Or "sextet". Check out the new Rosenbauer Sextet! J/K
    Last edited by ElectricHoser; 02-19-2007 at 07:10 AM.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

FireDawg803...

Well let me throw in an ad for the company I rep for since my good friend npfd801 has Rosenbauer covered for you. Since he is a good guy if you don't buy my product I suggest you buy his.

HME Ahrens Fox has an apparatus called the RAT. It is available in 2 or 4 wheel drive in either commercial or custom cab and can be equipped with up to a 1250 pump for pump and roll or a standard midship pump up to 1750 depending on chassis. Class A foam systems are available as well as CAFs. This rig can carry 500 gallons of water and a standard hoseload. As well as through the tank ladders and full depth compartments both sides.

All of that in a rig that isn't much bigger than the standard mini pumper.

Let me know if you want more info. And just like npfd801 if you are not in my area I can't sell it to you but I would be happy to send info and point you towards our guy in your area.

Good luck,

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricHoser View Post
    Wow. For the longest time we have had fire trucks that do a little bit of EMS. Now we have ambulances that do a little firefighting! I'd seen "transport" engines before, but none were ambulances in fire trucks' clothing. What's this got, a 10 gallon water tank?
    By looking at the drawing, it looks like it has 500 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam.

Forum Member

Question huh?

Quote Originally Posted by KAPNKRNCH View Post
    This is a Pierce, really nice apparatus, but they dont come cheap....
    What's so nice about it? It looks kinda bland, and I don't see anything too out of the ordinary or special? Why ain't it cheap? Is that a front mount pump on it? I thought builders didn't make those anymore??? I can't read the name on the door, but it must be going to a warm climate - I can't imagine the front pump would be too favourable in cold climates.

Forum Member

Bland? Are we talking about fire apparatus that get utilized or parade pieces?

When I wrote nice apparatus, I was talking about pierce in general, not just about this rig.

1250 gpm front mount pump,750 gallon tank, 5 person cab with 4 scba seats, 15 kw Harrison generator, set up as rural water supply and for pump and roll capacity for brush fires.

Like I said, we spec apparatus to get the job done, not to win trophies in a parade.
    Last edited by KAPNKRNCH; 02-20-2007 at 06:40 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by toddmcbr View Post
    By looking at the drawing, it looks like it has 500 gallons of water and 20 gallons of foam.
    Last night I realized that I probably should have looked at the drawing closer.... but with my comments out there I had to be ready to take my lumps for opening my mouth.

I hope I didn't come off too hard on Rosenbauer. I still think it is too big to be an effective ambulance and has too little storage to be an effective attack pumper, but clearly there is a niche or it wouldn't be proposed or built. I'd like to see one in person sometime.

Sorry for the threadjack.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

MembersZone Subscriber

Last night I realized that I probably should have looked at the drawing closer.... but with my comments out there I had to be ready to take my lumps for opening my mouth.

I hope I didn't come off too hard on Rosenbauer. I still think it is too big to be an effective ambulance and has too little storage to be an effective attack pumper, but clearly there is a niche or it wouldn't be proposed or built. I'd like to see one in person sometime.

Sorry for the threadjack.
    Everyone hijacks these things...who cares. And I don't think you came off as hard on anyone - everyone has opinions, and the guys that jump on your case for having one looks worse than the folks that just sit back and relax and let people say what they want...

Speaking of that - I'm in Vegas for the Spartan dealer meeting, and I swear - the rumors here are endless. Obviously everyone likes to see what Spartan is doing for the next year, which looks to be some good things, but I won't put it here. I need to make sure that it's okay to talk about it first. But the true fun is sitting talking to other salesmen from other regions, and to hear about what builder is failing, who is wanting to sell their apparatus division to whom, is nuts. MY GOD.

I'll believe it when I see it....

Forum Member

I still think it is too big to be an effective ambulance
    You wanna see a big ambulance?????

But yeah, I think I agree that there is practically no compartment space on that thing.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Default short

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    You wanna see a big ambulance?????

But yeah, I think I agree that there is practically no compartment space on that thing.
    Geez, thats a short BBC on that chassis...I know I sound ignorant, but who's chassis is that?

Thread Information