Forum Member

Default Considering moving

Hi,

My names Brian and I'm currently a junior in highschool. I'm looking to move out to Indiana (Marion county, specifically), and am looking for some more information. I tried going to the website but it didn't give me much help. I'll have EMT-B and FF2 finished by the time I move. I was wondering if anyone can give me information on departments in Marion, and specifically those that have live in programs. Also, are there colleges in the area that offer fire science degrees?

MembersZone Subscriber

Brian, There are not any fire departments around here that have live in programs that I know of. I think Sellersburg, IN fire department might still have a program, but they are in southern Indiana. As for schools, Ivy Tech at Fort Ben has a associates program in Fire Science. Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zcam630 View Post
    Brian, There are not any fire departments around here that have live in programs that I know of. I think Sellersburg, IN fire department might still have a program, but they are in southern Indiana. As for schools, Ivy Tech at Fort Ben has a associates program in Fire Science. Hope this helps.
    Thank you very much for the information. I noticed that the department doesn't hire under 21? Is that the same for volunteering? Also, do you know if theres any tuition re-imbersment? I know that we have one here

Forum Member

As far as I know, the state of Indiana only requires that you be 18 y.o.a. and have some certification to be a volly. 21 to be career. As for colleges, Vincennes University has a 2 yr fire science degree. Look into maybe going to southwest Grant County where we need more members. :-D

Thread Information