Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default How did you Portland Trainees do?

Hey guys and gals-
    I was told that the trainee applicants had recieved their letters regarding their ranking on the list. Anybody here take the test and know how they did?
    I took the FF EMT and I wont hear back for another month. Its killing me.....
    Hope you all did well, and I hope to be with you in the academy and the stations one day. have fun, stay safe and good luck!
    David Furey
    "sacrifice before self"

What do you mean? Did we recieve information about how we did on the first oral boards? Ive been out of town for a week so hopefully I have good news when I get home

MembersZone Subscriber

Default you should have

I just heard from my buddy in town who took the trainee test and he said that he didn't make it. I know that they are hiring again in fall 08', so he is going to try again then. Hopefully my results are a bit more optimistic!
    David
    "sacrifice before self"

I took the FF/EMT. My oral board isn't until next week. Do the trainees really have a ranked list already?

Forum Member

Default Portland Interviews

Does anyone know when the rankings will be out for the FF/EMT list. I had my interview Feb 15th and I heard they are interviewing into Mid March. Also does anyone know how many people got through to the interview stage for FF/EMT?

Good Luck to Everyone

MembersZone Subscriber

Trainee's do not have a ranked list yet. (I'm not sure, but I think they all take the physical, then get ranked?)

I'm in the FF/EMT pool myself. I've heard the interviews go through the first week of March, so hopefully we'll hear within a couple weeks after that.

They took 800 from each group to the interviews.

Forum Member

Default Results

Do you remember what the weight of the test and interview is? I thought it was 25% for the written teest and 75% for the interview. I may be thinki9ng of others I have taken also. Does anyone know how Portland weights the test and interview?

When I was practicing for the physical at the training center, they said that the PAT was going to be around the end of march in hopes to have a list established by June 1

I just got the message from my parents. I passed the oral boards and have my Cpat scheduled in March. I am very excited

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Alright Brother! Congratulations!

I am hoping to hear the same news. I am not sure If the pleasant smile, firm handshake and the spirited "good luck" from the luitenant after my closing was a good thing. I am trying to figure out if she meant good luck wherever you go because it won't be here, or good luck with the rest of our process. Who knows. It can really be a crapshoot. Whatever happens, I am ready for the CPAT. I ran through it the day after my interview and I train 4 days a week. I am excited for you cougs. We'll see how my results turn up. Be safe!
    David
    "sacrifice before self"

Cougs....what date in March?

And congrats!

The 11th. Could not be a more perfect day. Have the CPAT and my birthday on the same day. Hopefully it will give me a little luck

Thread Information