Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fireteam video test

Has anyone taken a video test? What can I expect?

Forum Member

Many agencies are being convinced to use the new type of video testing because they can test large groups at once at a lower cost and eliminate candidates with psychological video scenarios.

This from a candidate who paid to test drive the video testing:

I went to the website www.fireteamtest.com and paid my $14.00 to take the practice test. The test takes 30 to 45 minutes so unplug your phone and listen to the instructions VERY carefully, my phone rang while I was watching the video and missed an important part. DON'T answer the situational questions the way you think the "test writers" want you to, answer thinking about the big picture and what is right for everyone, being a kiss-up will not get you a 100% on this test. I know; I got kinda toady on one question and got slammed. So much for my 100%

It seemed like for each question the four answers fell into these categories:
    Correct
    Semi-Correct
    Neutral
    Wrong

Of course if you sit there and try to figure out which ones fall into each category you will fall behind and start screwing up.

Check it out at www.fireteamtest.com
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

The test is becomming more popular every month. The cost of the practice test is now $22.95. While it's expensive, it's probably a good investment if you have never seen it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I remember taking it a couple of years ago, and there was a section with the answers:
    Strongly Agree
    Agree
    Neutral
    Disagree
    Strongly Disagree

I always chose strongly disagree or strongly agree because I assumed the department would like to see someone who picked a side without hesitation. I FAILED that part of the test. I did the same thing on the practice test, however, and scored in the 90's. I've heard from various people that each department can alter the test and pick the answers they think should be correct. Does anyone know if this is true? And if that's the case, there really isn't a way to practice for it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rbbehemoth View Post
    I remember taking it a couple of years ago, and there was a section with the answers:
    Strongly Agree
    Agree
    Neutral
    Disagree
    Strongly Disagree

I always chose strongly disagree or strongly agree because I assumed the department would like to see someone who picked a side without hesitation. I FAILED that part of the test. I did the same thing on the practice test, however, and scored in the 90's. I've heard from various people that each department can alter the test and pick the answers they think should be correct. Does anyone know if this is true? And if that's the case, there really isn't a way to practice for it.
    Yes, that is true. They can alter it - that's coming from someone in charge of a testing process. I had the exact opposite thing happen to me...I tested for one department, and stayed mostly in the middle of those answer choices and failed. The next test, for another department, I kept all my answers nearly identical, except for that section, and picked the extremes, and passed with flying colors.

Forum Member

I took this test a couple of years ago....and will again in a few months. The practice test did help me prepare for what I was going to see on the real test. So, it is worth it in that aspect. If you can, when you take the real test, sit up front so you can see the screen/tv clearly. The last time I took the test, they had everyone seated in rows about 20 deep, making it extremely hard to see for those in the back.

Like was mentioned before, don't get caught up in trying disect your answers too much. If you do...you will fall behind. And that spells trouble. Stay focused on the question at hand. Some answers will be obviously be "best" or "worst"....but most will be somewhere in between. That's where you might second guess yourself. Try avoiding that.

Pay attention to the "actors", too. The last section of the test I took involved answering questions about them. That's where the "strongly agree....strongly disagree" came into play.

Thread Information