Forum Member

Unhappy Steven Eric Vanderpool Jr

Published: February 27, 2007 10:59 am

Volunteer firefighter dies from injuries

From staff reports

A West Liberty volunteer firefighter died Sunday from injuries sustained in a Morgan County accident two weeks ago, according to Kentucky State Police.

Steven Erick Vanderpool Jr., 28, was responding to a car accident Feb. 11 along Jones Branch in Morgan County when he failed to yield to traffic and ran a stop sign near KY 519, police reported.

Brian Smith of Boonesville struck Vanderpool’s vehicle causing it to spin, police said. Police said Vanderpool was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle.

He was transported to Morgan Appalachian Regional Healthcare and later flown to University of Kentucky Medical Center. Vanderpool died Sunday at 9:05 p.m. Police said Smith was wearing a seat belt. The accident remains under investigation by KSP.

My throughts and prayers are with his family and fellow firefighters at the White Oak Volunteer Fire Department.
    Always a day late and a dollar short!

Hillbilly Irish!

Forum Member

Default LODD West Liberty, KY - Steven Vanderpool Memorial

My condolences to the Vanderpool family and the White Oak Fire Department of Kentucky. FireFighter Steven Vanderpool, 28, a volunteer firefighter with several local fire departments, died Saturday February 24, 2007. On February 11, 2007, Steven was responding in his personal vehicle to an accident on Jones Creek Branch in Morgan County when he was broadsided while negotiating an intersection. He was ejected from the vehicle and then transported to Morgan County ARH Hospital. He was then flown to U.K. Medical Center in Lexington where he remained in a coma until he passed away from his injuries two weeks later. I have created a permanent memorial for Steven on my website. More news, information, and photos can be found at:

www.firefightinglinks.com/svanderpool.html

If there is any additional information or photos you would like added to this memorial, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Shawn McDonald
    [firefightinglinks@snet.net]

Thread Information