Thread: $1,000,000.00

MembersZone Subscriber

Default $1,000,000.00

Ok, I usually don't post too much in the grant section, but WTF?? a fire company got a cool million?? Not bagging on them for obviously writing a good application, but do the folks picking these even look at the department?? I checked out thier website, and from what I can see, they are by no means poor. There are companies out there that are scraping to get by. Anyone else think this is a bit crazy??

By the way, although I may sound bitter, we got a grant this year, except it appears that ours is somewhat justified.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Upper Leacock PA was a regional communications. They get listed under the host for the award. And actually that was an award from R18, not today. Guess someone copied and pasted improperly.

Forum Member

This was a regional grant, and if I am not mistaken it covered 81 departments.

MembersZone Subscriber

It was a Round 18, then officially moved to R 19 on the DHS side. Lime is on it--$2.2mm total project for 81 departments. Inter-agency inter-operability and cooperation go a long way. I've read the narrative, it's a very good project presented very well.

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Sounds like it went well then, I misunderstood that award. I could only hope that companies around where I'm at could do something like that, but that would take away the individual chief's ego's!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

This was a true arguement for the concept of using a "regional approach" to truly resolve an "interoperability" problem. The simple fact that we were successfully able to put 81 Fire Chief's in one room, and get everyone to agree on this project, spoke volumes to the issue of NIMS and "interagency cooperation".

This was quite a daunting project and Chief Larry Miller (of Upper Leacock) and Lt Zak Dennis are to be commended for the hard work and determination that they showed in coordinating and collating the volumes of data and statistical informaton that had to be compiled for this grant to be successful.

Needless to say, we are quite proud of this project.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Ktb not to knock your success but I am glad that you don't hit that jackpot to often. The rest of us would not have a chance.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Ktb not to knock your success but I am glad that you don't hit that jackpot to often. The rest of us would not have a chance.
    No offense taken by any means WJ!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information