Thread: Msa 5000

Default Msa 5000

I am looking for feedback on the MSA 5000 and the remote monitoring system. We are looking at one of them with our FEMA grant. We have 14000 to spend.

Chief

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1500chief View Post
    I am looking for feedback on the MSA 5000 and the remote monitoring system. We are looking at one of them with our FEMA grant. We have 14000 to spend.

Chief
    We have a 5000 and have had one for a couple years now. We like it. I am not sure about the 5200 and what features it has over the 5000. The majority of the departments around here have the MSA TIC's.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are useing a 5000 and a 5200 they are both good units, but the 5200 has beter resolution and updated software,we have used telematry but except for training its never used, If i had 14000 for another camra I would get another 5200 extend the warrentee because my guys are bulls, we would get another truck mount charger and put it right next to the officers seat so it gets taken off the truck at every call, and most of all then I would call "Image I.R" for the expert training (we build getting them to come up and do a class into every camra) because a salesman showing how to change the batteries and then looking at stuff around the station is not teaching what you need to know

MembersZone Subscriber

We have 5000 and 5200's. The resolution on the 5200 is much improved. We did not get the remote monitoring system because we figured it would never get used.

Forum Member

We did extensive testing in and out of fires with the big three brands. The Msa 5200 was by far the best overall. Get the truck charger for sure. They also have a digital capture feature available now for interior pictures. Haven't used that feature yet, but another tool for the toolbox.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Forum Member

We tested alot of TICs before buying the MSA 5000 and 5200. This is an excelent camera. I do reccomend getting the most recent version out there.
    When we first got these cameras we had Safe IR do the training great class.

Our cameras will not send images back with out a cord so that is not an option during fires. we do use them extentively with our new recurts, we record every entry and and go over them at the end of the day, it lets them see what they are doing wrong and they can correct any problems.

Thread Information