Forum Member

Default Forcible Entry Made Easy

Ok....I apologize if this has already been posted before. I got this in an email and made me think a little bit how forcible entry could be made easier. Makes you think as a homeowner, but I'm warped a bit and can see a job use for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr23tpWX8lM&eurl

Also Anybody ever try doing this before?

MembersZone Subscriber

Wow. That is scarey but very informative. Good to know to CYA and possibly use/implement on a fire scene?

MembersZone Subscriber

I love how the media broadcasts these how to reports for every perp to try. And interview a locksmith with $$$$$$$ in his eyes as he talks everyone into new locks for their house.

MembersZone Subscriber

The $150 lock the locksmith is selling will not do squat to stop someone from either breaking the door or entering through a window. If someone wants to get into a particular house, they will get in. Your best bet is to make your house less attractive with an alarm system (or just an alarm company window decal), lighting, and a large barking dog inside.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

MembersZone Subscriber

My thoughts exactly and then try to cover their *****es with a comment like "we felt it would be irresponsible to NOT inform the public. Idiots. Just watch the robbery numbers hit an all time records in the coming year(s).

You know it is beyond me why they think showing this would be more helpful then harmful. They couldn't have simply said "their is a new way robbers can get in any house so put a chain lock up". No, that have to show how to break an entry to prove their point so everyone is convinced and scared. Typical. Wonder how much Lowes', Home Depot or whomever makes off this deal.

Crabby your not warped a bit, (well maybe, just like the rest...LOL.) I think it is good that you had that idea and posted it to inform and see what other think. THANK YOU.

Forum Member

if you think that's good, imagine how well this will work when you get the calls for the kid trapped in the car, without having to resort to to breaking windows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCA3-m-ZlA&NR
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Banned

What is funny is that most people think by putting locks on their doors and windows that no one can get in. If you want to keep the bad gyus out you need to build a fortress and staff it with full time guards. Locks only keep us good honest people out.

Forum Member

Like someone said locks keep the impatient crooks out. All you need is a lock pick set and you can unlock just about any lock. Magnetic locks are your safest against bumping or picking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t0asty View Post
    Like someone said locks keep the impatient crooks out. All you need is a lock pick set and you can unlock just about any lock. Magnetic locks are your safest against bumping or picking.
    I prefer my haligan bar. Think about it, as a fire fighter we get taught how to break into a house.

Forum Member

First to Firetruckred...no problem about posting this, nice to learn a new technique.

Hottrotter...I absolutely agree I love using the halligan to get in.

Where I really see a use for this is our dept does house lockouts. Sometimes someone forgot to grab their keys or whatever and we have to break in. Also the welfare checks and so on...we get tasked with getting in. If it isn't a true emergency I think this would be a useful technique...no damage, good customer service. So far there isn't a door I have not gotten in...some just take a little longer. I like having the irons for a fire, but this may be fun to try to...and if it works, I'd love to see the homeowners face.

As for the comments about the news showing this...It doesn't make sense to show how to do it...just makes it easy for the crooks. Kind of like CNN and the like showing where troops are and so forth.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    First to Firetruckred...no problem about posting this, nice to learn a new technique.

Hottrotter...I absolutely agree I love using the halligan to get in.

Where I really see a use for this is our dept does house lockouts. Sometimes someone forgot to grab their keys or whatever and we have to break in. Also the welfare checks and so on...we get tasked with getting in. If it isn't a true emergency I think this would be a useful technique...no damage, good customer service. So far there isn't a door I have not gotten in...some just take a little longer. I like having the irons for a fire, but this may be fun to try to...and if it works, I'd love to see the homeowners face.

As for the comments about the news showing this...It doesn't make sense to show how to do it...just makes it easy for the crooks. Kind of like CNN and the like showing where troops are and so forth.
    Hey!!! Never thought about the good uses for it.

As for the crooks, they know about it already. The bad guys are pretty good at spreading the word about how to do this stuff. The only ones it helps are they amateurs and they find other ways to get caught.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post
    if you think that's good, imagine how well this will work when you get the calls for the kid trapped in the car, without having to resort to to breaking windows

OK, this one I'm going to have to try tomorrow. We don't mess with trying to pick our way into a vehicle, just bust the window if someone's inside. If this can trully work on various vehicles, it's got potential for us for a non-destructive way to make quick entry. Inexpensive, as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default What a eye opener

Thanks for those posts im my fire dept we get lots of kids trapped in the car calls. So I'm gonna give it a try on my truck and see if it really does work. I don't beleive anything till I try it and I see it for my self. But thanks for those posts they will help in the future.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by E229Lt View Post
    I love how the media broadcasts these how to reports for every perp to try. And interview a locksmith with $$$$$$$ in his eyes as he talks everyone into new locks for their house.

It would be poetic justice for that Donna Davis to become a victim of a home invasion due to this form of entry.

The media are souless vultures and they are the lowest form of life on earth....I hope all the skells and perps find out these idiots addresses and since everyone knows when they are away at work...the criminials of Memphis could have a field day in these morons homes.

FTM-PTB

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face

Some GAURD dog I have, I left town and let an older lady have a key to take care of the dog and when she went in my house she could not find him so she called her husband and they looked all over because she thought he had got past her and slipped outside. Well they found him hidding in the d#@* pet taxi. Better buy better locks.

Forum Member

They already are having a field day around here.Recently some bright shiny faced young men went on an unsanctioned field trip and held up several people only to get caught driving back to school.The attendence sheet,which used to list absent students,didn't have their names on it.Maybe the teacher didn't notice someone else answering roll call for them or they had a helpful friend in the principal's office gundecking the attendence report.
    ALL reporters are idiots and only good for bouncing off the side of the rig when the Captain is frustrated reporters inside the hot zone of an extrication.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRED View Post
    It would be poetic justice for that Donna Davis to become a victim of a home invasion due to this form of entry.

The media are souless vultures and they are the lowest form of life on earth....I hope all the skells and perps find out these idiots addresses and since everyone knows when they are away at work...the criminials of Memphis could have a field day in these morons homes.

FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    OK, this one I'm going to have to try tomorrow. We don't mess with trying to pick our way into a vehicle, just bust the window if someone's inside. If this can trully work on various vehicles, it's got potential for us for a non-destructive way to make quick entry. Inexpensive, as well.
    Lets us know how it works. The guys at the firehouse and myself saw this a couple of weeks ago, but none of us were brave enough to try it on our own vehicle incase it messed something up. We haven't run a child in a veh call since seeing this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post

Take a second to google this....best case scenario, it is only possible on some cheap older cars. In all likelihood, it is nothing more than another internet hoax.

Forum Member

llllllllll

Forum Member

As far as the lock bumping last day at work we went to our local locksmith who are good to get some keys made and I asked them about lock bumping. They said they have tried it several times and never got it to work. They also brought up a good point it isnt that practical because of all the different key paths. You would have to carry alot of different keys for the different key paths just to get the key to slide into the path, then you have to try to get it to work.

As far as the guy who says they just break a window out when getting into cars. Why don't you use wedges and a rod? We get into cars that way with minimal damage and it doesnt take that long. Just put the wedges in to pry the door back enough to slide the rod in to activate the lock.

MembersZone Subscriber

We use wedges and a rod - typically takes between 15-60 seconds, depending on the vehicle.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Squad1LT View Post
    They also brought up a good point it isnt that practical because of all the different key paths. You would have to carry alot of different keys for the different key paths just to get the key to slide into the path, then you have to try to get it to work.
    After Googling the subject I watched a 1.5 hr. presentation by some dutch guys about this. They claim that of all the key paths out there 500+ there are really only about 10 that are used in 75% or more of the locks made. So it may be as few as 10 keys to open 75% of the locks out there right now. In fact they claim that the locksmiths and law enforcement are trying to down play how effective this technique is by making it look harder than it really is. Again, this is just what was on the net, I have no first hand knowledge of it.

On another note, has anyone else had or heard any resistance to using this techinique based on ethical issues. We had a few guys who felt the public perception of the FD's learning/teaching this might have a negative impact. i believe this could be the case, but feel it is taking something "bad" and putting it to good use. Comments?

Thread Information