Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Could someone 'splain this one.

I'm behind this pickup truck on the highway. Has the lightbar worth more than the truck. The sticker in the back window of the bed cap that says "I volunteer to fight what you fear", also a "No Fear" sticker. Then I look through the window and there's some nice pretty gear, clean helmet and right next to it......that's right, a gas can, no lid on the spout. You can't make this up.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-RTB

Stay low, keep pushing in, and stay safe.

Forum Member

Cool

Why would you even have a can of gas inside the truck.
    Gary Newcomb
    FireFighter
    Mt.Pleasant Vol Fire Co.

Lets see does the letters DB mean anything?

MembersZone Subscriber

I really think you already know the explanation, just don't want to accept it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default danger!

We were standing in front of the fire station one afternoon, and down the road comes this guy in a VW Beatle, his arm hanging out the window, and it's on Fire!! It was a cool day, and he had on a jacket. Seems he was filling a tractor with gas and spilled it on his left sleeve. He runs out of gas, so he throws the gas can in the front seat and off to the store for more gas. On the way he lights up a cig, and yep! It ignited the arm of his jacket. He did't want to put it back in the car with the gas can right next to him so he sticks it out and starts hauling *** to the fire station (we were on the way to the store anyhow).

He slides to a halt in front of the fire station and gets out.. we put the fire out on the arm of his jacket. He wasn't hurt as the fire never burnt the sleeve down to his arm. A Police Officer was at the fire station when all this was going on. Sometimes they like to stop by and eat or use the facilities. Well this Police Officer was so PO'd he arrested the guy !!!!

You Guessed it! UNLAWFUL DISPLAY OF A FIREARM
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by resqb View Post
    I'm behind this pickup truck on the highway. Has the lightbar worth more than the truck. The sticker in the back window of the bed cap that says "I volunteer to fight what you fear", also a "No Fear" sticker. Then I look through the window and there's some nice pretty gear, clean helmet and right next to it......that's right, a gas can, no lid on the spout. You can't make this up.

can you say WOGS=======waste of good sperm!!!

Forum Member

I volunteer to fight what you fear
    Man I wish he were closer...My wife gets terrified everytime I wear white underwear. Volunteer for that will ya tough guy!
    A vomiting Firefighter is an ugly Firefighter.

Forum Member

There's whackers and there's idiots everywhere.We got a double whammy with this one.
    On my old department,we had a kid join up and two weeks later,his house goes up.
    After they get a new trailer to replace the old one(I think I see the reason for a fire in a closet with no electrical connection,but I only had 3 years on before leaving),we'd get called for various medical stuff and always someone would notice a open gas can under the trailer.
    We'd take it out and move it well away from the house because,like Jeff Foxworthy's friend "Officer Mitchell",we didn't want to have to come back out there no more that night.
    But the next call,two or three days later,the can would be back under the house.
    In December,I was back in that area,drove past the guys house and saw it had burned out so I visited my old station and asked what the story was:gas can under the house.
    You can't save some people from themselves,I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RetJaxFF View Post
    We were standing in front of the fire station one afternoon, and down the road comes this guy in a VW Beatle, his arm hanging out the window, and it's on Fire!! It was a cool day, and he had on a jacket. Seems he was filling a tractor with gas and spilled it on his left sleeve. He runs out of gas, so he throws the gas can in the front seat and off to the store for more gas. On the way he lights up a cig, and yep! It ignited the arm of his jacket. He did't want to put it back in the car with the gas can right next to him so he sticks it out and starts hauling *** to the fire station (we were on the way to the store anyhow).

He slides to a halt in front of the fire station and gets out.. we put the fire out on the arm of his jacket. He wasn't hurt as the fire never burnt the sleeve down to his arm. A Police Officer was at the fire station when all this was going on. Sometimes they like to stop by and eat or use the facilities. Well this Police Officer was so PO'd he arrested the guy !!!!

You Guessed it! UNLAWFUL DISPLAY OF A FIREARM
    LMAO!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Well this happened before my time on the dept, but, there was a call once for a structure fire in the city. The guys get there put it out, and found a transmission on the idiots kitchen table and tranny parts everywhere! He was doing a tranny job on his kitchen table and using gasoline to clean the oily parts in the kitchen sink. While doing this he felt like a cigarette, well I'm sure you can guess what happened next. LOL, what a retard!

Mike

Forum Member

Several years ago, we responded to an industrial tire service center; the corner of one of their sevice bays was blazing away. Got it put out, and found the cause right in the corner - the fire had started in a parts washer. Not spontaneously, oddly enough - the "technician" using the washer had dropped his butt into it. It gets better, though! About a year later, we go to the same place, but this time the fire's through the roof and the place is a total loss (big dozer tires burn really well when they get going!) We set up exposure protection and who's there but the same guy that lit the last fire, this time with his face and hair all burned up. Seems he was using solvent inside one of the big tires doing a repair and stuck his head into it to see if it was ready yet - with his cigarette in his mouth. Fire & stupid people are NOT a good mix!

Forum Member

Well this happened before my time on the dept, but, there was a call once for a structure fire in the city. The guys get there put it out, and found a transmission on the idiots kitchen table and tranny parts everywhere! He was doing a tranny job on his kitchen table and using gasoline to clean the oily parts in the kitchen sink.

Can hear Jeff Foxworthy now:
    "Ya know you're a redneck if your kitchen table doubles as your automotive work bench."

MembersZone Subscriber

Would have to add: You know your a redneck volunteer firefighter when, the light bar you have on your truck is worth more than the truck.

For having the gas can in the truck, Here's your sign.
    But then in my 71 Ford F-100 the fuel tank sits behind the seat in the cab so not too much difference I guess.

I also saw one of those little toy pick up trucks with a light bar on it that was made for a much larger truck. The light bar was wider than the cab of the toy truck. Now that was funny right there!
    Vintage Firefighter: The older I get, the braver I was.

Forum Member

One meth lab fire I went to got started like firemanmikey posted:idiot working with flammable liquids wants a smoke while he's waiting.
    The guy tried claiming he'd just started breakfast for his"poor invalid mother who lives next door"and had turned his back on the stove to get the milk and butter out of the fridge when he felt a wave of heat on his back.
    His story got screwed by all the brown stained coffee filters,empty ether cans and other indicators laying about the yard when we got there.

I was on a run in the late 70s-early 80s in which we found a Harley in the living room of a house trailer. It was torn down and several parts were in pans. We believed that they were soaking in gasoline or another solvent. The residents (man, woman, and little girl) were all dead in a rear bedroom.

Thread Information