MembersZone Subscriber

Default firefighter friendly neighborhoods

Hello I am going up for my 2nd and final interview for Cary Fire Department on wed March 7th and I was wondering if there were any neighborhoods that give rent breaks and things along that nature to firefighters. I really am unfamliar with the area I live in Fl presently and I was hoping to find out information on living situations in the cary raliegh area any help is appreciated
    Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not aware of any such discounts or breaks for firefighters. I live in Raleigh and work for Raleigh FD. I know some apartment communities give police officers a break, but nothing for firefighters. Good luck.

Forum Member

Default Discounts

A lot of cops get discounts but they stay on-call at the apartment complex, so they pretty much have to stay on-duty even when off. So no you're not going to find any discount apts, at least not in Cary (I've lived here for about 20yrs now) Plus the apts, cops get discounts at aren't all that great. The only "city" that really worships their FF's is Wilson, the Chief pretty much owns that town!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pciddy View Post
    Hello I am going up for my 2nd and final interview for Cary Fire Department on wed March 7th and I was wondering if there were any neighborhoods that give rent breaks and things along that nature to firefighters. I really am unfamliar with the area I live in Fl presently and I was hoping to find out information on living situations in the cary raliegh area any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    Most state and local governments have policies including language that prevents receiving "gratuities" gained from your position as a government employee.

Enforcement, however, is suspect. As has already bee mentioned, most cops never have to pay for a meal.

Cary is a great area to live and work. Good luck with your job prospect.

Thread Information