MembersZone Subscriber

Default ahhh... I have another "quick question"

This question is about Dept. IDs. In the county I live in, I'm a member of the SAR team: (Mainly for hurricanes and tropical storms....west central FL). I'v been given the task of finding an online site that makes dept. IDs. With the FD, the city has a computer that makes it for us. However, our SAR team isn't, shall we say, "special" enough to recieve an ID from the city. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    -Jon

Forum Member

my-lor makes ID badges which I guess is what you are looking for the only other alternative would be to by everything yourself and make them that way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Try your county EMA ours has a unit where they can do the ID badges. There's a few places that I've seen that can help you out. I'll look them up in my notes and let you know. I also think they run about $7.00 per person.

MembersZone Subscriber

Have you considered just using Word, or any other word processer - and laminating the result?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Have you considered just using Word, or any other word processer - and laminating the result?
    This is exactly what I do. Get some business card stock, work up the cards with a picture, name, etc. Print them off and laminate them. We did invest in a laminator for a little over $100 if I remember right, and the sleeves for the cards (has a clip on it, as well) were only a few bucks. Staples, Office Depot, etc. have everything you need.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanStevens View Post
    This question is about Dept. IDs. In the county I live in, I'm a member of the SAR team: (Mainly for hurricanes and tropical storms....west central FL). I'v been given the task of finding an online site that makes dept. IDs. With the FD, the city has a computer that makes it for us. However, our SAR team isn't, shall we say, "special" enough to recieve an ID from the city. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    -Jon

If as you say are a member of the SAR Team in your area, and I am guessing that it is part of the fire department or city there, then WHY don't you use the same computer that every ones uses. You are not that special pal. All other fire departments that have these specialized teams use the same ID CARD marking process as the rest of the department, city and or county now uses.

Forum Member

Add the letters SAR to the ID.. problem solved!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Question Well..........

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    If as you say are a member of the SAR Team in your area, and I am guessing that it is part of the fire department or city there, then WHY don't you use the same computer that every ones uses. You are not that special pal. All other fire departments that have these specialized teams use the same ID CARD marking process as the rest of the department, city and or county now uses.

After reading his post again, I don't see him or his group thinking that they're "special", just that the department doesn't want to help them with this. I heard about this very problem a few years ago, in the Mid-Atlantic area, when a Chief of a department left, and his replacement had a bad attitude about Tech Rescue Teams. Team members had to fight for every tiny thing that they needed during this guy's thankfully brief tenure.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Banned

I will admit my ignorance on this one, what is a SAR.

Go ahead, have your fun, but at least tell me what it stands for. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    I will admit my ignorance on this one, what is a SAR.

Go ahead, have your fun, but at least tell me what it stands for. Thanks in advance.
    SAR = Search and Rescue
    My opinions are my own and do not, in any way, reflect those of any agency to which I am affiliated...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HolleyFF241 View Post
    SAR = Search and Rescue
    ROFLMAO!!!! At me. That is too funny. Thanks, you are a good man, unless you are a woman, then you are a good woman.

Banned

SAR = Search and Rescue
    ROFLMAO!!!! At me. That is too funny. Thanks, you are a good man, unless you are a woman, then you are a good woman.

Banned

SAR = Search and Rescue

Forum Member

Cool

Ouch, Ouch,Ouch, and The Beat Goes On, The Beat Goes On.

And if you stick a U in front of the SAR you got yourself Urban Search and Rescue.
    Last edited by jacklrd; 03-07-2007 at 08:16 PM. Reason: i still cant spell

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Definitely a man!

Quote Originally Posted by jacklrd View Post
    And if you stick a U in front of the SAR you got yourself Urban Search and Rescue.
    Very true...
    Last edited by HolleyFF241; 03-07-2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Operator error :)
    My opinions are my own and do not, in any way, reflect those of any agency to which I am affiliated...

Thread Information