Thread: Fall Guy

Forum Member

Default Fall Guy

Great job Scooter ! Dick and Karl will never forget your service to the cause.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    Great job Scooter ! Dick and Karl will never forget your service to the cause.
    No kidding. We'll know for sure when he gets sentenced. I bet its less than a year in the hoosegow.

Then he's off to rubber chicken circuit seperating angry conservatives from their money.

One thing is certain after the Libby trial. After all the bellyaching about Clinton's alleged perjury being the end of American democracy we now know it was all partisan theatrics. None of the conservatives decrying Clinton's perjury have had similar beliefs about Libby. In fact, all we've heard from the Bushies and their supporters is what a great American Libby is, and how lucky we as a nation were fortunate to have such a wonderful public servant.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

There was some talk this morning on the TV news that the President was being petitioned to grant a pardon. There was something else too that someone said something about "...never in the past 135 years has a member of the White House been indited...." or something like that.

I guess 1972 was a lot longer ago than I remember. I know I'm getting old, but I aint quite THAT old.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't wait for the book.
    Hey; this is on the down low, but did you know that Hillary was a Southerner?
    It's OK. I already told Tim Russert in an interview that I don't remember, but...
    wait a minute.
    No; uranium doesn't come from uranus.
    Scooter; they will name two wheeled transportation after you. Kids will be singing songs about it. See you when you get out. And get a cool tattoo.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    There was some talk this morning on the TV news that the President was being petitioned to grant a pardon. There was something else too that someone said something about "...never in the past 135 years has a member of the White House been indited...." or something like that.

I guess 1972 was a lot longer ago than I remember. I know I'm getting old, but I aint quite THAT old.
    I'd like to know what they were talking about. Maybe the folks in the Iran Contra scandal never got indicted. So it could be true.

Forum Member

My crystal ball tells me after a lengthy appeal Libby will be pardoned. Since the entire crew is out of the White House January 2009, they wont care how it plays into the 2008 presidential campaign.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Hell, please send me to one of the those high-end White-Collar "Prisons".

Tennis, lounges, manicured lawns, good food...

What's the punishment?
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

What should he get?He got convicted of the same things Hillary's husband got convicted oferjury.
    Were you so rabid for Bill to go to the can for years and years?

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    No kidding. We'll know for sure when he gets sentenced. I bet its less than a year in the hoosegow.

Then he's off to rubber chicken circuit seperating angry conservatives from their money.

One thing is certain after the Libby trial. After all the bellyaching about Clinton's alleged perjury being the end of American democracy we now know it was all partisan theatrics. None of the conservatives decrying Clinton's perjury have had similar beliefs about Libby. In fact, all we've heard from the Bushies and their supporters is what a great American Libby is, and how lucky we as a nation were fortunate to have such a wonderful public servant.

Forum Member

Default Here's an idea..

How about all of us regular folk quit buying all the crap that is shoveled out from both sides of the fence? I am not some starry-eyed idealist but something has got to give. There needs to be a fundamental change in the way politicians operate. (note I am refraining from calling them leaders) We need leaders who will do the right thing, not the partisan thing.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    What should he get?He got convicted of the same things Hillary's husband got convicted oferjury.
    Were you so rabid for Bill to go to the can for years and years?
    Hate to tell you this Doug. Clinton was indicted, tried, and found not guilty. Now you right wing types had him convicted. The facts say otherwise.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    My crystal ball tells me after a lengthy appeal Libby will be pardoned. Since the entire crew is out of the White House January 2009, they wont care how it plays into the 2008 presidential campaign.
    Actaully, Mike, in the same report there was something about being pardoned too. No mention of any appeal process, though.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Irrespective of whether a person believes that revealing Plame's identity was wrong there is one other issue.

Bush ran on a platform of restoring "honor and dignity" to the White House. Rove is on record as saying that Wilson's wife (Plame) is "fair game."

Could one of the Bush supporters defend an attack on someone's spouse is honorable or dignified?

MembersZone Subscriber

scfire:
    BRING BACK THE EYE!
    It was my comfort zone.
    Sorta like someone watching over me.
    I'm out of sorts.
    Store was out of them too!
    Look; this whole thing was all about Plame wanting a book and movie deal.
    And her sissy husband. There; it's out. Joe Wilson is a sissy boy. So, arrest me.
    I agree. We need more leaders.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

scfire: You should know that a "platform" is nothing more than a bunch of words and that without a resultive action to support them they mean absolutely nothing and will just fall to the ground. Wasn't that part of his first term agenda? Being that this is the second term you know he has forgotten what happened in the first term. Throw all the bums out and start over.

Forum Member

There is a lot of discussion that Scooter Libby will be given a presidential pardon from his four convictions.

The right wing blasted Bill Clinton for his pardon of Mark Rich.

Any guess who the lawyer was who negotiated the Mark Rich Pardon?

Answer: Scooter Libby.

Thread Information