Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default If the world was made out of rubber and would stretch according to the certain parame

If the world was made out of rubber and would stretch according to certain parameters...

These computer-modified maps (or rather cartograms) were produced in an unique collaboration between two universities - project WorldMapper.
    They show the world how it really is - with the countries either shrunk or blown out of proportion, depending on the chosen parameter. These maps are a great tool in the modern world trends analysis.
    Visit the WorldMapper Project's page for other thought-provoking comparisons.

Worlds House Prices

HIV (distribution by countries)

Alcohol Consumption

Immigration

War Deaths

Military Spending

Last edited by trailboss2; 03-07-2007 at 04:26 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Toy Imports

Toy Exports

Killed By Disasters

Wealth in the year 1500

Wealth in the year 2002

Forum Member

I was never any good at identifying those ink blot charts at the shrinks office but these are absolutley preverted. I really liked the vivid colors. I think somewhere there I saw Kiwi Land.

Forum Member

These would be very useful for kids in grade school and middle school. They are very informative and with all of the colors and shapes the children would probably stay very interested and learn somthing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is that "War Deaths" one current? According to the media, the USA should be about the size of jupiter on that map....but it is practically invisible.

Forum Member

It cuts my heart everytime I hear on the news about another soldier dying in or out of combat.However,this war is far cheaper in lives than any we have fought so far.
    If the media that's castigating President Bush for the number of troops who have been killed in Iraq were around for June 6 1944 and President Bush had been office at the time,the French would be speaking German like they were born to it today.

Quote Originally Posted by DFW333 View Post
    Is that "War Deaths" one current? According to the media, the USA should be about the size of jupiter on that map....but it is practically invisible.

On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Is that Russia killing everyone else in toy exports? You'd think it would be Japan.
    --jay.

Quote Originally Posted by DFW333 View Post
    Less than 3,000 deaths in 3 years. Iraq itself has had 25,000 or more deaths (the more reliable reports anyway.) Don't believe the media distortion by only reporting deaths.

As for the toys - Go to Wal-Mart and you will see two names.....China & Taiwan.

I am most intrigued by the Immigration map. Of course, I am racist according to some, about how I feel this is bad for our nation.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

On the way to the station. Really. It's 12 kilometers away and there's traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    As for the toys - Go to Wal-Mart and you will see two names.....China & Taiwan.
    Yeah, I figured it out after posting, and didn't bother to go back and fix it.

The military spending also surprises me. Japan is the large black(ish) mass. Does it count as military when their constitution forbids calling it as one? I was under the impression that while the Japanese Self Defense Force is decently-sized and pretty high tech, that it was explicitly not supposed to be considered military in any official capacity.
    --jay.

Thread Information