Forum Member

Default fdny vision requirements

can somebody who's been through the process please tell me how weak one's eyes must be in order to be DQ'd during the medical evaluation for NYC? right now im -4.75 in one eye and -4.25 in another, and im going for an appointment soon to see if im a good candidate for lasik, but im not confident because i have chronic dry eyes. Thank you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by johhnyboy View Post
    can somebody who's been through the process please tell me how weak one's eyes must be in order to be DQ'd during the medical evaluation for NYC? right now im -4.75 in one eye and -4.25 in another, and im going for an appointment soon to see if im a good candidate for lasik, but im not confident because i have chronic dry eyes. Thank you.
    Hey buddy,

From what I remember there was a woman (who really could care less about her job) that just asked you to read a line of letters from 10 feet away. THAT's IT. I was able to so I'm not sure what they say if you can't. I had Eye surgery a couple months before the test cause I was far sighted. Good luck man.

Da Dawg House

Forum Member

I could tell you that when I was in for the medical there were guys that were told they would need lasik surgery done. If you need it and could get it early then get it done. I could only imagine it will hold you up otherwise. Knock on wood I have pretty good eyesight but it was still tuff reading the tiny letters. They also give a hearing test, pulminary test,vital signs, TB test, blood work, urine (in front of an officer) They say many guys have to come back for this because some people can't go in front of someone. Drink alot of water and you should have no problem. There are some more tests also.. good luck

Thread Information