Thread: Denver CWH Test

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Denver CWH Test

Did anybody hear from any departments yet after the DRCOG test given in Denver in Jan. 07? I got a 93% Is that pretty good or not good enough to get a call back?

If it is good enough, what is the next step in the process?
    Last edited by Gmitsmedic13; 03-10-2007 at 09:04 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

If your talking about the DRCOG test yes, 93% is very good. Normally most departments like you to be score at least 90% on the test to get a call back, but each department depends. Also are you a medic? I know of some medics that got hired on in Colorado departments where they scored in the 70% on the test. Best of luck to you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ya, your right, it was the DRCOG Test. Yes, I am a medic and have my 240 hr course done, but it is an Ohio certification. What's that mean for me now. Am i going to have to go back out there for each step of the process.

Florida Boy!

Missouri and Colorado but from the East Coast!

You will need your Colorado Medic cert, possibly NR also, any certs you have from out of state are great, Colorado does not require Colorado Fire Cert to work but it would also be a plus.... typicly the fall is the most active reqruiting time here... there are a few coming up this spring: Westminister, Thorton, Denver, and a few in Northern Colorado.

Good Luck it is very competitive out here for fire jobs...but worth it though!

MembersZone Subscriber

Gmitsmedic13,
    I can't specifically say if you will have to come out here for each step of the process. Each department is different some departments are more out of state friendly than others, meaning that they will schedule your written test and physical test for the same day or the day after. But, honestly I would plan on at least taking 2-3 trips out here for each department if you keep on advancing in each stage of the process. I know it sucks, but that is the price you pay for testing out of state. Also, I don't know your fire background but Aurora, a large department just to the East of Denver is taking Lateral Fire/Paramedics if you are interested. Colorado is a great place to work with a lot of expanding due to recent growth. Best of luck to you in your testing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks firefighter1126. I appreciate the info. I really loved my trip out there and think the land out there is beautiful. I just don't know if i have the time or money to be going back and forth to colorado. Well, I wait and see what happens and how willing the departments are to work with me.

Florida Boy!

Missouri and Colorado but from the East Coast!

Gmitsmedic13,
    DRCOG is not the only game in town there are others who dont use COG, start looking up Depts online and check back often... thats how I landed my job coming from Fla... as said before your advatage is the Medic Cert, there is currently a merge trend between Fire and EMS here now so Medics will be in demand...

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Denver applications

wasn't sure if this is the right place for this thread but was curious as to when Denver will be taking applications next?

Thread Information