Forum Member

Default Different things I've been hearing

I'm just getting into the field. I did emt class but I have to take it again.

Anyway i've been hearing alot of different things from people.

Some people say you have to be a paramedic to get in anywhere.

Some people are saying there desperate for firefighters down here in fl and are recruiting from other states and other people are saying even if your a paramedic/firefighter its hard to get hired on.

What I'm really wondering is should I take emt school again and get fire certified? Will I be able to get a job when I get out?

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE What I'm really wondering is should I take emt school again and get fire certified? Will I be able to get a job when I get out?[/QUOTE]

If you really want the job, go back to school. It is a hard process to get hired on with any department regardless of certification and doing nothing but listening to rumors is not going to help you. Good luck.
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rumors

Go to school finish EMT and then fire standards. There are departments hiring Firefighter / EMT's. The way Florida's population is growing FD's have to grow and hire more firefighters. We are hiring around 50 - 60 this year and opening 3 new stations.

There are jobs for FF/EMT's

Good Luck

Rob

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffzmann View Post
    Go to school finish EMT and then fire standards. There are departments hiring Firefighter / EMT's. The way Florida's population is growing FD's have to grow and hire more firefighters. We are hiring around 50 - 60 this year and opening 3 new stations.

Good Luck

Rob
    What town are you in? I think thats what i'm going to do. I mean if I had to I could always go to another state

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffzmann View Post

Good Luck

Rob

Are those 60 coming from test that took place in October or is there going to be another?

MembersZone Subscriber

What town are you in? I think thats what i'm going to do. I mean if I had to I could always go to another state

I work for OFD. Check with the other states before you take the classes if you are thinking about going out of FL, some states wont take FL certs.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFlaHopeful View Post
    Are those 60 coming from test that took place in October or is there going to be another?
    The personel we are hiring are from the test in October and a group of non-certified. Havent heard about the next test.

Rob

Thread Information