Thread: Michelin Grant

Forum Member

Default Michelin Grant

Anyone else apply for the Michelin tire grant? Just got notification of award, and wondering if anybody else here on the forum applied.

MembersZone Subscriber

Way to go Derrick, I know Leatherwood VFD, KY will be proud of that one, and a Chief who will be proud of the grnat writing son who nominated him and won. Glad I could help out, I also heard from my other client in Hilda VFD, SC and they also got their notification today as well, also for his father who is Chief. Considering only 25 total awards in US we are not doing bad at all here! Iguess we are gonna have to start calling you " Boss Hogg".Congrats to you and your department and to anyone else who wins this great little freebie from Michelin for a set of tires for one of your apparatus.Well done!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Derrick!!

earl

Forum Member

Kurt, Do I get the car to go along with the name? Oh well, in the words of Bo and Luke (YEE HAW).

Forum Member

Nice going!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Kurt, Do I get the car to go along with the name? Oh well, in the words of Bo and Luke (YEE HAW).
    UH, I tell you what, you give up that new 4x4 Diesel Ford Expedition that you tool around in and we will talk, a car! LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Congrats Derrick!

I can't help you out with the caddy, but I have a 1970 Charger sittin in the garage. It's near and dear to my heart...but we might be able to work out a trade for that Excursion.

Ryan

Banned

Congratulations. How did you find out about the grant. Is there more info someplace? We have a utility truck that we really need to put some better tires on. Seems the guys like to park in ditches and snowbanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

ktb has a great catalogue of gants past, present and future. www.chiefgrants.com

earl

Forum Member

Hey Kurt, Ryans talking my style and my brand, I've got a 66 Dodge Coronet 440 sitting in the garage at my dads house right now with the original bill of sale for a whopping $3,200 in the glove box.

Trotter, Kurt posted the info of the Chief Grants website and reviewed the grant fro me. Just check there, he has a list of grants on the site as well as what Brian has on his site. In the old post, they stated something about a new period after these grants were handed out.

Hope the guidance comes out tomorrow, good possibility from what we heard at the FEMA workshop friday. This should keep everybody busy for a while.

Forum Member

Hey Kurt, Ryans talking my style and my brand, I've got a 66 Dodge Coronet 440 sitting in the garage at my dads house right now with the original bill of sale for a whopping $3,200 in the glove box.

Trotter, Kurt posted the info of the Chief Grants website and reviewed the grant fro me. Just check there, he has a list of grants on the site as well as what Brian has on his site. In the old post, they stated something about a new period after these grants were handed out.

Hope the guidance comes out tomorrow, good possibility from what we heard at the FEMA workshop friday. This should keep everybody busy for a while.
    Thanks Derrick...I just got drool all over my keyboard!

MembersZone Subscriber

Well Derrick it looks like another case of the FPS not knowing what the OGTS is planning, 5:00PM and no guidance yet!
    Kurt Bradley

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well Derrick it looks like another case of the FPS not knowing what the OGTS is planning, 5:00PM and no guidance yet!
    Hey. Look on the bright side. You just got another week of prep time.

Forum Member

I've been preped and ready for a couple of weeks now. I have revamped a couple of times in anticipation, just waiting for the new guidance to make sure I am still going with the high priorities, and keep telling myself NO DEVIATION.

I know Kurt, if it's not written down it did not happen, and the writing has not changed, but at least, I did get to close out another grant before this new one opened.

Ryan, I won't start telling you about the 54 Ford 100 in the works or the 53 studabaker that my dad drug out of the back of this garden. Both of those will be major projects. I need to find a historic preservation grant to help pay for those projects. Yeah that would work.

Earl, any good project vehicles hid up there in any of the neighbors barns?

MembersZone Subscriber

Derrick remmind me to show you my two project cars I did back about 20 ago. 1966 Corvette, removable hardtop, ground up restoration. My buddy and I did it for about $4,000.00 total cost and then when we uncovered it at the Ft Lauderdale Corvette show to register it in, a guy peeled off $15K cash to buy it on the spot before the show. We took it, he entered it, he won and immediately sold the car for $25K without every having turned a wrench! Lesson learned. I guess the "beer lust" got to us and our common sense first. Come to think of it we did Stay drunk in Ft Lauderdale for about 4 days.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information