Thread: Psych Test

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Psych Test

I am wondering if anybody has any tips for the psych test and if I should wear a suit or if business attire is okay. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmart54 View Post
    I am wondering if anybody has any tips for the psych test and if I should wear a suit or if business attire is okay. Thanks
    Repeat. Dress for success. The psych is another step in the interview hiring process.

MembersZone Subscriber

I didn't see anybody in there in a suit. I wore jeans and a polo, and was better dressed than most people in there. Good luck with the test

Be safe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbsmart54 View Post
    I would rather be over dressed than under. Always wear a suit it shows you are professional and take pride in yourself and the department you applied for.

Forum Member

Default Hmmmm

I just want to understand this. You're going to a psych to meet with the doc who is going to pass judgement on whether you get hired or not. Right? You're going to be a representative of an agency to their citizens. Right? You're the best dressed one there in jeans and a polo shirt? Since what you wear is the stongest non verbal statement you can make, what kind of first impression does this send? People make decissions at the blink of an eye.

Come on guys ask yourself if your mother would let you out of the house dressed like that for one of the most important parts of the hiring process?

Every step of the hiring process is part of the interview process. The interview process gets you the job.

Do you want to be taken as a serious candidate? A suit leaves no doubt. If you don't already know and understand the fire dpeartment is a semi military organizations. Show some respect. If you can't pull that off wear a sports coat. Never take your jacket off even if it's 100 degress.
    Last edited by CaptBob; 03-16-2007 at 09:08 PM.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Apparently the jeans and a polo was good enough for my Doc...I got the job!! Go ahead and wear a suit if you want, it won't hurt, but it's not nessecary, My department told me to dress comfortably because I'd be there for a few hours.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy06 View Post
    Apparently the jeans and a polo was good enough for my Doc...I got the job!! Go ahead and wear a suit if you want, it won't hurt, but it's not nessecary, My department told me to dress comfortably because I'd be there for a few hours.
    Congrats on your success. You left out the important information that you were instructed to dress comfortably. Not all psych tests are structured that way.

But how would you have felt if you went into the holding pen with jeans and a polo shirt and everyone else was in a suit. It happens more than you know.

The choice is yours.
    Last edited by CaptBob; 03-16-2007 at 09:13 PM.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Thread Information