Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Post Surface mount LED

I am looking for information on a Surface Mount Led Red/Blue light for exterior use on the rear diamond plate on a tower ladder,the size of this unit can not be larger than 1.5" H X 24" L .I have looked at some lighting web sites but no luck as of today, do any firefighters know of a dealer or site ?This LED will be center mounted above the ladders on the same type Mack Scope !....
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 06-17-2007 at 11:17 AM.

The whelen LIN3 or TIR3 is probably the only thing that is going to come close to that size. You might be out of luck.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

The 911EP series (http://www.911ep.com/products/tdwl.asp) makes a very narrow 3rd gen. LED light that can be used as a traffic advisor or warning device. We have one on the rear of our tower just about where you're looking to put yours. Ours is an all amber traffic advisor thats so bright that we cannot use it while responding as the units behind can't see! I have a line on a new all red 24" one if you're interested PM me. (TD/WL 24 is 23" Long x 1.5" Deep x 1.4" Tall)
    Last edited by RFDACM02; 03-17-2007 at 08:23 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

Default small led surface mount

Where I work my regular job we sell ECCO lights they have a light that measures 5.8" wide ; 1.9" tall ; and 1.2" thick. Go to nhbragg.com and go to suppliers under "E" and link to ECCO part number is 3810A here at work for amber or 3810R for red. The ECCO series number is 3800. If you have any questions e-mail me @ d1_dispatcher@juno.com My name is Andrew.

Forum Member

Smile

I think the " Whelen " Strip-Lite Led Series is the unit we are looking for, Last weekend at a parade we saw a out of town truck with the same unit mounted on the diamond plate. Thanks for the help !... NJFFII
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 03-17-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Forum Member

We just purchased an Able 2 (ShoMe) product for the front of our tower ladder. It was placed on the grill of the tower and was 26" long. The pods come in 5 inch increments, the flash patterns are customizable. We have 4 red and 1 green pod. The overall cost was $224. It isn't a LED-X, we didn't need sideways dispersion of the light we just wanted them to see us coming up on them. Here is a link

http://www.able2products.com and go to the LED products to see what they offer.

Ours was the lights by the inch

Forum Member

Thumbs up To: SectorB

Quote Originally Posted by SectorB View Post
    We just purchased an Able 2 (ShoMe) product for the front of our tower ladder. It was placed on the grill of the tower and was 26" long. The pods come in 5 inch increments, the flash patterns are customizable. We have 4 red and 1 green pod. The overall cost was $224. It isn't a LED-X, we didn't need sideways dispersion of the light we just wanted them to see us coming up on them. Here is a link

http://www.able2products.com and go to the LED products to see what they offer.

Ours was the lights by the inch
    Thanks for the LED information,NJFFII

also try www.lshlights.com They sell the ones with the 1" increments......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

We are using a new Code 3 LED, flush mounted into the bullbars, see attached picture (not mine though) I am not sure of the model number, but this might suit your purpose, as I am in Australia its a bit hard to know a local Code 3 dealer for you !! As you can see in the picture it would be lucky to sit up more than a few mm's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

You might want to look at Soundoff Signal. They have some good LED lighting.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by firenresq77 View Post
    also try www.lshlights.com They sell the ones with the 1" increments......
    Your web site is very helpfull, it is like a candy store for lighting !... Thanks, NJFFII

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's a picture of the 911 EP TL/WL-24 on the back of our new Tower. We were led to this light by ALF as it was "cheaper, narrower and brighter" than the Whelen units. It is defineately bright!! And can be configured to be a traffic advisor (left/right/stop) with one warning pattern(flashing patterns) or a warning light with 10-15 selectable warning patterns. To my knowledge they offer all color configurations.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    Your web site is very helpfull, it is like a candy store for lighting !... Thanks, NJFFII

LOL. Not my site, but I've gone there a few times to find the small lights...... Hope it helps
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Here's a picture of the 911 EP TL/WL-24 on the back of our new Tower. We were led to this light by ALF as it was "cheaper, narrower and brighter" than the Whelen units. It is defineately bright!! And can be configured to be a traffic advisor (left/right/stop) with one warning pattern(flashing patterns) or a warning light with 10-15 selectable warning patterns. To my knowledge they offer all color configurations.
    That looks like a " Nozzle " on a Aerialscope, how did you get ALF/LTI to install the manual gun?Also we have the same type amber traffic advisor on our rescue truck!...
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 03-20-2007 at 08:10 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    That looks like a " Nozzle " on a Aerialscope, how did you get ALF/LTI to install the manual gun?Also we have the same type amber traffic advisor on our rescue truck!...
    Actually we just changed the gun, but ALF/LTI said they'd put any gun on we wanted. We specced a Stang (the actual brand) which they installed but upon final inspection it would not give us the range of motion we wanted due to the handle and the railing , so we had it delivered with a manual handwheel gun until we could get a model that would work. This is an Elkhart Stinger with 16" stream shaper and stacked tips. As you can see the front face cut out isn't to pretty but the truck is a war wagon not a parade piece so functioanlity comes first!

Like I said, ALF/LTI was one of 3 companies that would allow a "stick" controlled manual gun on the bucket.

Rockland has parade pieces? Hehe T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

ACM - Glad to see that you found a gun to work in your application. That was the first thing that jumped out at me when I saw the picture - I was going to ask you if you'd found a gun with your required ROM yet.

isn't to pretty but the truck is a war wagon not a parade piece so functioanlity comes first!
    Would this same logic apply to full Battenburg blocking?

[Double thread hijack!!]

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzfireSolo View Post
    Would this same logic apply to full Battenburg blocking?

[Double thread hijack!!]
    It sure would! But my unit number is not quite low enough to force the change. The rear chevrons was not as easy as I'd have liked, but on Monday our first black over red ambulance with full rear chevron will be delivered so we're on our way to improving the fleet.

MembersZone Subscriber

It sure would! But my unit number is not quite low enough to force the change. The rear chevrons was not as easy as I'd have liked, but on Monday our first black over red ambulance with full rear chevron will be delivered so we're on our way to improving the fleet.
    Very nice!

Thread Information