Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default A new politically oriented fireblog (www.rudysfirefighters.com)

Hi;
    I would like to invite those of you who are Rudy Giuliani supporters to come visit my new webblog (www.rudysfirefighters.com) dedicated to providing a forum to those firefighters throughout the country who, like me, support Rudy for his Presidential bid. I hope you'll visit and contribute your insights, comments and offer discussion on political topics. Also, if you have ideas for discussion topics centered on politics of the fire service I'd love to hear them. I can assure you, this site is neither endorsed or run by Rudy Giuliani or any organization affiliated with his campaign. I am simply a 12-year veteran of the fire service who happens to share the same views as Giuliani and wants to provide an outlet for like-minded firefighters to meet, discuss the topics and share in the brotherhood in a different venue. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Be Safe!
    Steve Standridge

www.rudysfirefighters.com

How dare you post such crap on St. Paddy's Day! Screw Rudy. This is from a long time Republican.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by AC1503 View Post
    How dare you post such crap on St. Paddy's Day! Screw Rudy. This is from a long time Republican.
    I guess you won't be voting for him. So, in an effort not to hurt your delicate feelings, I'd suggest you not go to the site. As for posting it, perhaps you should develop a little thicker skin. By the way, didn't realize St. Paddy's Day was so sacred that you couldn't mention Rudy's name?

Maybe you should talk to some of the NY brothers and see how they were treated by hizzoner.

Maybe you like the idea of someone like him treating you just the same.

I don't.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Maybe you should talk to some of the NY brothers and see how they were treated by hizzoner.

Maybe you like the idea of someone like him treating you just the same.

I don't.
    Well, unless you know all 11,000 of them, I suspect you have talked to only a fraction. And they, like everyone else, have differing views. There are many who approve of Rudy. But, I'll concede, I don't know all 11,00 of them either, so I might get a butt load of responses from them indicating otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by sstandridge View Post
    Well, unless you know all 11,000 of them, I suspect you have talked to only a fraction. And they, like everyone else, have differing views. There are many who approve of Rudy. But, I'll concede, I don't know all 11,00 of them either, so I might get a butt load of responses from them indicating otherwise.
    Maybe you should talk to more New Yorkers. With rare exception, they couldn't stand him. But hey if you like a pro abortion, gun control, philandering, conservative cross dresser, have at it.
    Last edited by scfire86; 02-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe you should talk to more New Yorkers. With rare exception, they couldn't stand him. But hey if you like a pro abortion, gun control, philandering, conservative cross dresser, have at it.
    Hey, you gotta love a guy who can cross dress and even when looking that butt ugly can still get the Donald interested! My brother lives in NJ and lived in the city for many years and I can assure you, not everyone hated him, least he wouldn't have been re-elected by winning all five boroughs.

Forum Member

Question These are just some of the questions that keep me up at night.

I am excited to watch how far rudy can run to the right.

When he gets there, will they accept him?

How come all of the "family values" politicians have ex-wives?

Why do "family values" politicians only care about fetuses (sp?)?

Why do "fiscally conservative" republicans go bankrupt?

Why is it okay for Republicans to out CIA Agents?

These are a few of the things that I will think about when I go to bed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Geinandputitout View Post

Why do "family values" politicians only care about fetuses (sp?)?

These are a few of the things that I will think about when I go to bed.
    sleep tight. oh, I noticed too that you are quick to denounce the hypocrisy you see in Republicans, fair enough...will you be equally critical of democrats and their hypocritical stances? Just curious.

Several of my GOP neighbors have already given him the thumbs down. I don't believe their view of Rudy is unique.

How true.

Or bankrupt us in the process. I have been voting since 1972 and have yet to see a GOP president reduce spending or shrink government. Despite their claims of tax and spend liberals it is conservatives who do the spending.

Hubris. It's finally catching up with them. The same happens to any group who believes they are above the rules. This group is no different than Bush the smarter when his band of cronies were selling weapons to a terrorist state and using the proceeds to fund an anti government group in Central America despite laws to the contrary.

These are a few of the things that I will think about when I go to bed.[/QUOTE]
    I'm a crazy liberal. Unlike conservatives I don't care about your personal life.

More fun with conservatives and family values.
    Last edited by scfire86; 02-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

More fun with conservatives and family values.
    Very nice...hey, a man's got to do what a man's got to do!

MembersZone Subscriber

No bs.I'd prefer not to fill this site responding to this, particularly since I did so on several occassions on my site (rudysfirefighters.com). I've enjoyed you responses and I 'd love to see you at my site to respond to mine posted there...you may give me something to think about?

steve
    be safe

Quote Originally Posted by sstandridge View Post
    No bs.I'd prefer not to fill this site responding to this, particularly since I did so on several occassions on my site (rudysfirefighters.com). I've enjoyed you responses and I 'd love to see you at my site to respond to mine posted there...you may give me something to think about?

steve
    be safe
    I posted that site to show you that not all conservatives are in love with Rudy.

Forum Member

I posted that site to show you that not all conservatives are in love with Rudy.
    No argument there. It's still a long way until the primaries and, undoubtedly, there will be a lot of social conservatives he'll need to convince in order to get the nomination.

Forum Member

The person who started this thread seems to have started similar ones all over these forums.He sounds like a one man campaign headquarters for Rudy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lvwrench View Post
    The person who started this thread seems to have started similar ones all over these forums.He sounds like a one man campaign headquarters for Rudy.
    Nope. I never met the guy, but it was one of the only ways I could think to generate some visits. Never meant to offend. I'm a real life firefighter - 12 years and on a truck company for a department in the denver metro area. Satisfied?

Forum Member

I know its still really early but Rudy has been gaining popularity in every poll coming out. According to the polls he is the clear front runner for the Republican party at the moment.

March 3, 2007 - Maybe it is Giuliani time, after all. Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani has pulled far ahead of Arizona Sen. John McCain in a hypothetical head-to-head GOP presidential primary matchup, according to the latest NEWSWEEK Pollóbeating McCain 59 percent to 34 percent. Giuliani's lead over former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney is even more formidable (70 percent to 20 percent).

But perhaps the best news for the man once dubbed "America's Mayor" for his role in seeing New York through the 9/11 attacks is the lead he's opened up on his potential Democratic rivals for the White House. According to the survey, Giuliani outpolls Illinois Sen. Barack Obama by 5 points (48 percent to 43 percent), former senator John Edwards by 2 points (47 percent to 45 percent) and Sen. Hillary Clinton by 1 point (47 percent to 46 percent). Last month Clinton led Giuliani by 3 points (49 percent to 46 percent), as did Obama (47 percent to 44 percent).Thirteen percent of registered Democrats say they would cross party lines to support Giuliani, while only 4 percent of Republicans say they would do the same for Clinton.Perhaps more important, among independent voters, Giuliani leads Clinton 49 percent to 42 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17435176/site/newsweek/

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jay5019 View Post
    I know its still really early but Rudy has been gaining popularity in every poll coming out. According to the polls he is the clear front runner for the Republican party at the moment.

March 3, 2007 - Maybe it is Giuliani time, after all. Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani has pulled far ahead of Arizona Sen. John McCain in a hypothetical head-to-head GOP presidential primary matchup, according to the latest NEWSWEEK Pollóbeating McCain 59 percent to 34 percent. Giuliani's lead over former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney is even more formidable (70 percent to 20 percent).

But perhaps the best news for the man once dubbed "America's Mayor" for his role in seeing New York through the 9/11 attacks is the lead he's opened up on his potential Democratic rivals for the White House. According to the survey, Giuliani outpolls Illinois Sen. Barack Obama by 5 points (48 percent to 43 percent), former senator John Edwards by 2 points (47 percent to 45 percent) and Sen. Hillary Clinton by 1 point (47 percent to 46 percent). Last month Clinton led Giuliani by 3 points (49 percent to 46 percent), as did Obama (47 percent to 44 percent).Thirteen percent of registered Democrats say they would cross party lines to support Giuliani, while only 4 percent of Republicans say they would do the same for Clinton.Perhaps more important, among independent voters, Giuliani leads Clinton 49 percent to 42 percent.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17435176/site/newsweek/
    Thanks for the update. There's good reason Rudy is polling well, and despite what some will say, he is a "true" conservative. He just isn't a "social" conservative. But, if he adheres to his promise to appoint constructionist judges he'll satisfy social conservatives

Thread Information