Forum Member

Smile Help needed re: equipment

One of my pters is from Honduras...he's constantly looking for equipment to send them to fight fires with, scbas, turnout gear etc....he's just acquired some older scbas but is in need for some pass/pal alarms for them, if you can help please call him @ 919-819-0969 or 252-399-2845 "Dail" is his name and he loves helping them or anyone else out...or reply here and I'll check back later. Thanks, Captnnc

Forum Member

We send a lot of our equipment to Peru.

Default pass devices

Quote Originally Posted by Captnnc View Post
    One of my pters is from Honduras...he's constantly looking for equipment to send them to fight fires with, scbas, turnout gear etc....he's just acquired some older scbas but is in need for some pass/pal alarms for them, if you can help please call him @ 919-819-0969 or 252-399-2845 "Dail" is his name and he loves helping them or anyone else out...or reply here and I'll check back later. Thanks, Captnnc
    I have 5 Pass devices are you interested? They are used but i will check them out to make sure they are working.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I applaud your generosity.

We have found fire departments right here in Wisconsin that are severely under equipped and underfunded that we donate our surplus equipment to. We have donated hose and turn out gear to include coats, pants and helmets. I find it simply unbelievable that there are fire departments in this country that do not have adequate PPE, are operating front line rigs that should be in a museum, do not have enough hose to even seriously mount a decent attack, let alone extrication equipment, forcible entry tools, ladders, radios, and pagers.

We are by no means a wealthy fire department but as we upgrade it only makes sense to share what little we have with those less fortunate than us.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Smile

FyredUp: I do not disagree with you...and here, we have sent apparatus to New Oleans, turnouts and scbas to a small little town in Texas with barnish shack fora station with 1 truck. (but they let us deer hunt on their ranch)....also, we've given a minipumper to a volly dept. in the mountains of NC to a fella who was on our dept. 20 years ago....my part timer isnt real knowledgable about the computer networking possibilities so I asked for him....but youre right, we should take care of our own, in more ways than one...Stay safe.

Forum Member

Then you guys need to look around a little more, you would crap your pants if you all could see the under Eq. departments around. We are mostly Brush Beaters but we do cover over 700 Sq. Miles, an town and Hundreds of Mixed strucures, and Oilfeild activity. H2S included in that.

1995-Front Line strucure pumper, 1956, dodge with no tank, and NO LDH to do a hydrant tie, only 3' feeder hose, that gated to 4 sections of 1 1/2 inch. NO forcible entry tools, structre ppe was, asbestos based X-ARFF proximity gear, no SCBAS, no ladders, no one tranied in anything, and to top it all off they had the chance to obtain the equpiment but never have.

2005- 1989 Ford 2000 Gallon tanker/pumer, with enough hose to wrap the town over twice, force tools for 2 teams, some newer PPE, Still have a lot of work to do. WE owe a huge thanks to HARWOOD FD for donaiting 7 MSA Ultra-Elites, and 4 spare bottles to us.

The thing that ****es me off the most is there is more money out there than I can imagine and they never applied for any, and if they did it was for another grass rig. But the new "Hell Rasing Crew" is in power now and things are moving along pretty good, Who knew that a 18yr old could change so much.

This is not a "pitty us" post but its kinda a reminder that some of you FD's out there are pretty dawm lucky.

Thread Information